I logged in to play this game after about an 18 month hiatus. Here is my feedback on the changes since then.
1. New enemy base (Corruption zone + enemy spawn rules). The best addition to the game because enemies come from one spot and they don't linger around during the day time.
2. Multiple hauling. Really speeds things up and lowers the number of villagers you need.
3. Production targets.
1. Game speed. BIG thank you for this.
2. Spell panel. I think it's a bit clunky (which I addressed in the GUI discussion thread) but it's a nice addition.
3. I never used the analytics on the pause screen. Seems like a lot of unnecessary information for the most part.
4. Game-pausing tips screen was nice. Really focuses the player's attention.
1. Past day 10, game is rather taxing on processor. Is this game leaking memory or something? It's using like 3 GB and the processor is routinely spiking up to 100%.
2. Game doesn't force you to "make meaningful decisions" as this review puts it. Every map, you build the same things, fight the same enemy-horde, get the same upgrades.