• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

As it stands, there's a few issues with farmers:

- They don't do anything half the time because of no work

- One farmer is enough to harvest a large farm with downtime in between

- Crops take really long to grow

You could get rid of all these problems by allowing farmers to tend to their crops:

- Instead of doing nothing they can now make crops grow faster

- There's now a reason to assign more farmers to a farm

- Crops will grow considerably faster when being watered/weeded

It would also solve some other issues:

- You need less farms for a village of a given size, saving space and resources

- It makes starting out easier as you can get a food supply going quicker

- The village will look more lively and interesting because of farmers working more

#2 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

As it stands, there's a few issues with farmers:

- They don't do anything half the time because of no work

- One farmer is enough to harvest a large farm with downtime in between

- Crops take really long to grow

You could get rid of all these problems by allowing farmers to tend to their crops:

- Instead of doing nothing they can now make crops grow faster

- There's now a reason to assign more farmers to a farm

- Crops will grow considerably faster when being watered/weeded

It would also solve some other issues:

- You need less farms for a village of a given size, saving space and resources

- It makes starting out easier as you can get a food supply going quicker

- The village will look more lively and interesting because of farmers working more

Some of them would be fixable or not fixable but add a button on the thing that pops up when you click on it, add a button in there that upgrades them like you do in the CNC series.

Remember the power plant in CNC?(not sure if you played it but i know ray has)

Well when you get special building then you can click on the power plant then again there will be a thing you press to make it produce more power, in this case produce more food? (faster)

#3 Hexicube

Hexicube
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

Some of them would be fixable or not fixable but add a button on the thing that pops up when you click on it, add a button in there that upgrades them like you do in the CNC series.

Remember the power plant in CNC?(not sure if you played it but i know ray has)

Well when you get special building then you can click on the power plant then again there will be a thing you press to make it produce more power, in this case produce more food? (faster)

Yeah, those are turbines. I remember in CNC Tiberian Sun that you had to manually place those onto the GDI power plants and the NOD ones didn't have turbines (they had an advanced power plant instead, which is bigger).

Honestly, I'd prefer farms to not be a building but rather allow the player to mark an area as farmland and have them till it out, with farmer houses that you can use to assign work (or just have non-assigned villagers be farmers). That way, it's more flexible to the shape you want the farm to be and more efficient for larger areas because of reduced fencing (or none, but then monsters could destroy crops?). Also, you would need to make storage for excess food as you wouldn't get the 50 storage from a large farm. For now, I would be happy with farmers working on their crops while they grow.

#4 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, those are turbines. I remember in CNC Tiberian Sun that you had to manually place those onto the GDI power plants and the NOD ones didn't have turbines (they had an advanced power plant instead, which is bigger).

Honestly, I'd prefer farms to not be a building but rather allow the player to mark an area as farmland and have them till it out, with farmer houses that you can use to assign work (or just have non-assigned villagers be farmers). That way, it's more flexible to the shape you want the farm to be and more efficient for larger areas because of reduced fencing (or none, but then monsters could destroy crops?). Also, you would need to make storage for excess food as you wouldn't get the 50 storage from a large farm. For now, I would be happy with farmers working on their crops while they grow.

CNC Kanes wrath is the best one and newest that doesn't completely suck. CNC Tiberian twilight just isn't the same game anymore.

Tilling the ground to make farmland does actually sound like a very good idea, ray could do it now but i suggest making this in the suggestions thread before the game is too old for such big game changes without removing too many things, cause monsters destroying it would be pretty cool but like you said the houses are fine too i guess but farmland would be cool :) 

#5 Hexicube

Hexicube
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

CNC Kanes wrath is the best one and newest that doesn't completely suck. CNC Tiberian twilight just isn't the same game anymore.

Tilling the ground to make farmland does actually sound like a very good idea, ray could do it now but i suggest making this in the suggestions thread before the game is too old for such big game changes without removing too many things, cause monsters destroying it would be pretty cool but like you said the houses are fine too i guess but farmland would be cool :)

Oh god, don't even talk about CNC4, it's a disgrace. Some argue that the game died after Tiberian Sun when Westwood disbanded, I can see their point too, but CNC3 is still pretty good. I also use a cracked version because I don't like the newer patches (no building space for power plants, can't use a crane for defensive turret building).

I'll probably make a suggestion later on, right now I'm keeping an eye on the forums/kickstarter for paypal donation support. Hopefully it'll be soon.

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

Farming is massively unbalanced right now, really what you see now is only a hint of what you should see in the future. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#7 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

Oh god, don't even talk about CNC4, it's a disgrace. Some argue that the game died after Tiberian Sun when Westwood disbanded, I can see their point too, but CNC3 is still pretty good. I also use a cracked version because I don't like the newer patches (no building space for power plants, can't use a crane for defensive turret building).

I'll probably make a suggestion later on, right now I'm keeping an eye on the forums/kickstarter for paypal donation support. Hopefully it'll be soon.

CNC4 was ewww, But what do you mean by "(no building space for power plants, can't use a crane for defensive turret building)." ? :P

#8 Hexicube

Hexicube
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

Farming is massively unbalanced right now, really what you see now is only a hint of what you should see in the future. :)

No teasers? :P

#9 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

This game is really going to be good, So don't do a rawbots on us, (they made a good game and just... stopped making it, ever even said they did, it just stopped.)

Also can't wait for better farming :3

#10 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

No teasers? :P

Some of your suggestions are pretty similar to what I had in mind, so you self teased. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#11 Hexicube

Hexicube
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Some of your suggestions are pretty similar to what I had in mind, so you self teased. ;)

I really hope  "paint an area to mark is as farmland" is one. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users