I want to share my RPC map generator , I started work on it a day ago and now it working, you can download it, and generate random map.
It's not perfect and there is many things that should be done, so it's still in development.
Map Generator using simplex noise algorithm to generate map.
- It tooks about 1-2 seconds to generate 256x256 map, I know it can generate much larger maps, but rpc doesn't support larger maps.
- Maps isn't as beatiful as players can make, but I think they still looks cool.
- It really depends on RPC terrain engine, I hope it won't receive major changes.
Download Link: http://www.filedropp...rpcmapgenerator
This is one of many generated maps, this minimap is also generated by map generator and now it doesn't support outlines, but I will implement them:
For now generator has everything to generate playable map, there are trees, rocks, water and food. Also generator only supports green grass and trees, white rocks, and only carrots. But I will make it more customizable soon.
So now I think you wan't to know how to use it
1. Put extracted files to main RPC folder, if you using steam, it should be something like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Retro-Pixel Castles
2. You can change generated map name by editing rpcmapgen-run.bat file, here you can write any name instead of "Generated Map".
3. Run rpcmapgen-run.bat file, command line will show up, and you will see generation progress.
4. After generation, you can launch RPC, "Generated Maps" map pack will be created, and here you can find generated map(In skirmish).
I like to hear what do you thing about this map generator
All suggests are welcomed.
For now it's only for windows, but now worries, it will support linux and mac soon