#1 Geology Jones

Geology Jones
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hi Ray,

So first off your game is already fantastic. I picked it up recently on sale, but I have to say it's really worth about 10 times what I paid for it.

Anyway, there are a few things I'd really like to see added to the game.

1. Trade, either between my towns on the world map or other AI towns on the map.

2. A ruling class and nobility, or a group of priests and elites. A religious leader would feel right for this game, since you're playing god, but either way. Rulers should be selected from certain families (I love that my villagers share last names and I can see each group grow through generations), they could fill special roles like teachers, priests, and scientists to advance the tech tree I believe you are planning. I always wish for this feature in games like yours, the lack of social stratification just feels really unrealistic.

3. I know you got rid of the barracks and such, but I'd like to see people (nobles maybe) come back into a soldier/knight kind of roll. I like the golems, and they're the obvious choice for the village's fighting force, but human soldiers could lead groups of golems outside the walls to attack graveyards and fire pits.

4. Better (larger) farms. The current ones are really to small. A farm building similar to the other resource building would also be nice, I'd rather just mark out fields on the ground, and pay for farmhouses, but maybe that's just me.

5. I know they're coming but I really hope you plan to put in a ton of buildings, and on that topic... I'd like to be able to both change colors (painters maybe) and rotate the buildings.

6. I don't like that stone is such a limited resource, it means that every village will eventually become unplayable. I would suggest that mines become somewhat more abstract. Tunneling down instead of making entire mountains disappear (which also seems a bit unrealistic even if I understand why things are like that) Your villagers would just pop out of view into the mines and come back with stone, they could even take longer the longer the mine was active. It would also allow for a kind of sensible way to add metals, which would be nice for better golems, and buildings. 

7. When I hit 100 people I didn't really know what to do with them anymore, I hope as more jobs are added I will find a need for something more like 250, 500, or maybe even 1000 people. 

Lastly, I absolutely love the waymaker. They're so important to everything. I haven't built a new building in my last hour or so of play, but I've made a lot of roads, and it was both fun and rewarding as my people become more efficient. 

Well thanks, I hope these aren't impractical, or too redundant, 

Geology Jones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users