Click here for help on accessing the Unstable branch!
InDev 19 Unstable 2 has just been released, this patch features a metric frickton of AI changes, game play improvements, interface improvements and an entirely rewritten spawn system. Be sure to run it through the ringer!
Let me know down in the comments if you like the changes or have any problems, this patch fundamentally changes many of the game play mechanics and massively rebalances Survival and Peaceful mode.
You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board.
InDev 19 Unstable 2 Change Log
- Monsters now will not start spawning until day 2. Giving the player one free day to build in peace.
- Monsters can now spawn anywhere on the map that has adequate space, that is not in range of the village.
- The monster's global spawn rate now never increases.
- The monsters can create their own small spawn points that will spawn monsters locally. Meaning that while the global spawn rate never increases the spawn points will generate their own monsters. As more spawn points are generated, more monsters will spawn on the map in those areas.
- Small Slimes can now spawn on their own.
- Paths now generate twice as fast and decay at half the speed.
- Increased the speed Way-Makers clear, repair and build roads.
- Increased overall road durability.
- Increased Way-Maker Shack workers to 12.
- Fixed a bug where overlapping collision maps wouldn't merge.
- Fixed a bug in the path finding, search and range building algorithms that was causing erroneous data on initial load.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause all the monsters on the entire map to attack the village when a saved game was loaded.
- Fixed a crash when you would try to scroll off the map while in road upgrade mode.
- Fixed a crash if you attempted to select a map in the world map while the reset world function was running.
- Fixed a bug preventing dissolve form working on crystals.
- Fixed a bug causing monsters to ignore non-hostile buildings.
- Fixed a rare crash when a mob would try to walk to a 1x1 sized object that was only accessible by it's corners.
- Decreased hunger decay rate for villagers by 20%. (Meaning they'll need less food!)
- Mobs now have more intelligent object, resource and mob search selections, and will not path to nearby targets that they can see, but would require a very long path finding route to reach (Example: Other side of a low wall with a long path to get around).
- All harvested resource searching patterns now look for resources nearby, if none are found, they only check whats in range of the village. This prevents villagers from going on long hikes into unknown land to grab resources far out of reach.
- Rewrote how starvation search works, making it much more efficient.
- Builders now more intelligently decide when they need to harvest resources, preventing them from ignoring high priority buildings because the resources don't exist anywhere on the map, but others for lower priority buildings do.
- Villagers no longer repair abandoned buildings in range of the village.
- Monsters now focus on attacking buildings until they're attacked.
- Mobs now only wander to radiance pools within a pre-set distance.
- Completely removed the old AI Pack behavior system, and replaced it with a new more intelligent system.
- Way-Makers can no longer store resources.
- Slimes are less hostile overall.
- All monsters are less hostile in the day time.
- Slowed Fire Elementals down slightly.
- Added a breakway chance for hostile behavior if it's no longer their ideal attack time.
- Optimized the load speeds of the Depth, Collision and Shadow modules.
- Improved the memory usage of the shadow module.
- Increased movement cost of water and tar.
- Villagers no longer randomly spawn in unusable areas in Skirmish mode.
- New adult villagers now randomly generate between levels 1 and 3.
- New children (Not from parents) now generate between levels 1 and 2.
- Build requirements for the Mining Facility has been reduced from 64 logs and rocks to 42.
- Map "Leaf" has been removed from the game.
- Increased transition fade speed moving from the main menu state to the play state, map editor state, etc.
- Controls are now locked during transition fading.
- Farmland no longer completely dies (deletes itself) if it's been frozen or fried too long.
- Improved the art slightly when mobs are in water, tar or other terrain with depth.
- Increased the max occupants of all homes.
- Reduced the frequency of weather in all seasons.
- Increased Bow Tower damage from 10-20 to 20-30
- Increased tool tip pop up speed, font size and moved the tool tip location over to below the mouse.
- Added the resource requirement list on the object overlay when placing an object.
- Moved "Hold <Hotkey> to unselect" message to the mouse.
Known Issues that will be resolved before the stable build
- Storage buildings currently will not accept any refined resources (Ammo, stones, boards, etc)