#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

Click here for help on accessing the Unstable branch!

InDev 19 Unstable 2 has just been released, this patch features a metric frickton of AI changes, game play improvements, interface improvements and an entirely rewritten spawn system. Be sure to run it through the ringer!

Let me know down in the comments if you like the changes or have any problems, this patch fundamentally changes many of the game play mechanics and massively rebalances Survival and Peaceful mode.

You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board. :)

InDev 19 Unstable 2 Change Log

Spawn System

• Monsters now will not start spawning until day 2. Giving the player one free day to build in peace.
  • Monsters can now spawn anywhere on the map that has adequate space, that is not in range of the village.
  • The monster's global spawn rate now never increases.
  • The monsters can create their own small spawn points that will spawn monsters locally. Meaning that while the global spawn rate never increases the spawn points will generate their own monsters. As more spawn points are generated, more monsters will spawn on the map in those areas.
  • Small Slimes can now spawn on their own.

Roads

• Paths now generate twice as fast and decay at half the speed.
  • Increased the speed Way-Makers clear, repair and build roads.
  • Increased overall road durability.
  • Increased Way-Maker Shack workers to 12.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where overlapping collision maps wouldn't merge.
  • Fixed a bug in the path finding, search and range building algorithms that was causing erroneous data on initial load.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause all the monsters on the entire map to attack the village when a saved game was loaded.
  • Fixed a crash when you would try to scroll off the map while in road upgrade mode.
  • Fixed a crash if you attempted to select a map in the world map while the reset world function was running.
  • Fixed a bug preventing dissolve form working on crystals.
  • Fixed a bug causing monsters to ignore non-hostile buildings.
  • Fixed a rare crash when a mob would try to walk to a 1x1 sized object that was only accessible by it's corners.

AI Changes

• Decreased hunger decay rate for villagers by 20%. (Meaning they'll need less food!)
  • Mobs now have more intelligent object, resource and mob search selections, and will not path to nearby targets that they can see, but would require a very long path finding route to reach (Example: Other side of a low wall with a long path to get around).
  • All harvested resource searching patterns now look for resources nearby, if none are found, they only check whats in range of the village. This prevents villagers from going on long hikes into unknown land to grab resources far out of reach.
  • Rewrote how starvation search works, making it much more efficient.
  • Builders now more intelligently decide when they need to harvest resources, preventing them from ignoring high priority buildings because the resources don't exist anywhere on the map, but others for lower priority buildings do.
  • Villagers no longer repair abandoned buildings in range of the village.
  • Monsters now focus on attacking buildings until they're attacked.
  • Mobs now only wander to radiance pools within a pre-set distance.
  • Completely removed the old AI Pack behavior system, and replaced it with a new more intelligent system.
  • Way-Makers can no longer store resources.
  • Slimes are less hostile overall.
  • All monsters are less hostile in the day time.
  • Slowed Fire Elementals down slightly.
  • Added a breakway chance for hostile behavior if it's no longer their ideal attack time.

Miscellaneous Changes

• Optimized the load speeds of the Depth, Collision and Shadow modules.
  • Improved the memory usage of the shadow module.
  • Increased movement cost of water and tar.
  • Villagers no longer randomly spawn in unusable areas in Skirmish mode.
  • New adult villagers now randomly generate between levels 1 and 3.
  • New children (Not from parents) now generate between levels 1 and 2.
  • Build requirements for the Mining Facility has been reduced from 64 logs and rocks to 42.
  • Map "Leaf" has been removed from the game.
  • Increased transition fade speed moving from the main menu state to the play state, map editor state, etc.
  • Controls are now locked during transition fading.
  • Farmland no longer completely dies (deletes itself) if it's been frozen or fried too long.
  • Improved the art slightly when mobs are in water, tar or other terrain with depth.
  • Increased the max occupants of all homes.
  • Reduced the frequency of weather in all seasons.
  • Increased Bow Tower damage from 10-20 to 20-30
  • Increased tool tip pop up speed, font size and moved the tool tip location over to below the mouse.
  • Added the resource requirement list on the object overlay when placing an object.
  • Moved "Hold <Hotkey> to unselect" message to the mouse.

Known Issues that will be resolved before the stable build

• Storage buildings currently will not accept any refined resources (Ammo, stones, boards, etc)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

Let me know down in the comments if you like the changes or have any problems, this patch fundamentally changes many of the game play mechanics and massively rebalances Survival and Peaceful mode.

Well, you twisted my arm. I GUESS I'll stay up irresponsibly late to playtest  ;)

Monsters seem to be destroying walls when there is a long path around into my village (though they leave other walls with a much longer path around alone). Side-effect of this maybe?:

Mobs now have more intelligent object, resource and mob search selections, and will not path to nearby targets that they can see, but would require a very long path finding route to reach (Example: Other side of a low wall with a long path to get around).

When I try to make little walls on the non-defended sides of my base that force monsters to go around to my defended entrance, they have been attacking the walls even though I am absolutely sure there is a pathable way to get to the opening to my village. Seems to be mainly slimes doing it though I did see skeletons doing it too.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/bjqvG5f.png

I cut it off a bit at the bottom but right below where it cuts off is just more path through the rock. The red line shows where they keep trying to go through and breaking down the wall.

Monsters going for buildings until attacked is resulting in a lot of buildings being destroyed unless I intervene with the grab spell. They rush past villagers (especially though holes in walls that they have destroyed, as mentioned above), and start hitting a building, and villagers will walk into and out of the building while ignoring the monster if they are working. They're constantly targeting my food storage, and the villagers walking in and out with food do nothing to defend them. Before, when they went after villagers, they'd end up causing the villagers to start fighting and kind of regulate themselves.

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

Monsters seem to be destroying walls when there is a long path around into my village (though they leave other walls with a much longer path around alone). Side-effect of this maybe?:

When I try to make little walls on the non-defended sides of my base that force monsters to go around to my defended entrance, they have been attacking the walls even though I am absolutely sure there is a pathable way to get to the opening to my village. Seems to be mainly slimes doing it though I did see skeletons doing it too.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/bjqvG5f.png

I cut it off a bit at the bottom but right below where it cuts off is just more path through the rock. The red line shows where they keep trying to go through and breaking down the wall.

Actually on that map that area is completely blocked off if you setup a wall there (You're building in a common play test area of mine!). It looks like there's a path around, but there actually isn't one. If you click the data view tab and click on the Block Map, then look through the rocky area just south of your small wall you'll notice the paths actually are blocked, just barely. I'll probably edit that map slightly so that's not the case as it's a bit deceptive/unfair. :)

For now, my strategy on that map is to go into those little channels in the mountain and use the destroy terrain tool so my builders make a proper path in and out of the area, then I setup the small wall.

Also, as a small side note/tip; Your main tower trap/entryway on the west will eventually backfire. Because you're using the forest as part of your wall system on the north side of the trap, if the forest spreads into your narrow path you'll completely block the path and they'll start tearing through the walls. :)

Monsters going for buildings until attacked is resulting in a lot of buildings being destroyed unless I intervene with the grab spell. They rush past villagers (especially though holes in walls that they have destroyed, as mentioned above), and start hitting a building, and villagers will walk into and out of the building while ignoring the monster if they are working. They're constantly targeting my food storage, and the villagers walking in and out with food do nothing to defend them. Before, when they went after villagers, they'd end up causing the villagers to start fighting and kind of regulate themselves.

Towers can prevent this somewhat. If you can place a few towers in the village itself, enough to cover the buildings, they'll pick off anything that attacks your building, redirecting their attention to the tower.

The Golems (Part of the next build) will also help quite a bit, because they'll immediately attack anything that comes into your village, specifically targeting things attack buildings or villagers first.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:sofiana
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:41 AM

Hello ! You made a really great work in this update :D A lot of good things !

New adult villagers now randomly generate between levels 1 and 3.

New children (Not from parents) now generate between levels 1 and 2.

It's a good idea but this makes the game more hard than before. Why ? It seems that monster spawning system is related to the level of our villagers. So, monsters who spawn have a bigger level than before and than our villagers. For example, at the days 2 and 3, some level 5 and level 7 monsters attacked my village and... it's really hard to manage them x) 

The idea is good but the counterpart is too dangerous. 

Maybe it's better to have villagers level 1 at the beginning, You already gave us one day to build in peace :)

I have a comment, or two, to do about the builders :) I have the feeling that they chat more than work x) I explain: They begin to build then they start to chat. And chat. And chat again before restart to build x) They spend 35-40% (maybe more) of their time to chat. It's a good thing, and a bad thing. At the moment, I don't know if I like it or not :D

The big advantage is that we have quickly some childs in the village and so the population grows. But the construction of buildings is slowed (sometimes a lot). [Edit: And they chat when comrades fight and die next to them ><] Maybe it's due to the fact I build lots of wall but I saw them chatting when they harvest, when they deliver ressources, when they repair.

Other thing, sometimes I see my workers turning around without knowing what to do whereas they have lots of work. And it can last a certain laps of time before they find something to do.

And the sounds of villagers disappear sometimes, at the beginning of a game, for example.

I think I have reported everything :D *goes back to the village*

Edit2: This game is now insane XD The monsters with their spawn points are now legions x) It's difficult to contain them but with the spell "banish" it's manageable. The game take all his sense with this feature :D

#5 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

I have a comment, or two, to do about the builders :) I have the feeling that they chat more than work x) I explain: They begin to build then they start to chat. And chat. And chat again before restart to build x) They spend 35-40% (maybe more) of their time to chat. 

That's clearly for added realism! Although I guess it should be the road workers that chat the most...

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

It's a good idea but this makes the game more hard than before. Why ? It seems that monster spawning system is related to the level of our villagers. So, monsters who spawn have a bigger level than before and than our villagers. For example, at the days 2 and 3, some level 5 and level 7 monsters attacked my village and... it's really hard to manage them x)
The idea is good but the counterpart is too dangerous.

Maybe it's better to have villagers level 1 at the beginning, You already gave us one day to build in peace :)

Actually spawning used to be related to the current day, just your villagers somewhat leveled roughly a level a day, so it just appeared that way. In the old system, a monster would have a minimum/maximum spawn level (Say, 1 to 5, for example). But when they spawned they could only spawn between their minimum level and the maximum day. Meaning if a monster is configured to spawn between levels 1 and 5, on day 3 they can only spawn between 1 and 3.

The new system completely tosses that out, but lowers the early-game spawn rates. So instead of getting swarms of level 1s and 2s in the first 3 or 4 days you get less, higher level monsters.

But coupled with the new villagers generating at higher levels and the bow towers doing a little more damage, it somewhat balances out. I just suggest trying to get at least 1 bow tower running before the end of day 2 or 3.

I have a comment, or two, to do about the builders :) I have the feeling that they chat more than work x) I explain: They begin to build then they start to chat. And chat. And chat again before restart to build x) They spend 35-40% (maybe more) of their time to chat. It's a good thing, and a bad thing. At the moment, I don't know if I like it or not :D
The big advantage is that we have quickly some childs in the village and so the population grows. But the construction of buildings is slowed (sometimes a lot). [Edit: And they chat when comrades fight and die next to them ><] Maybe it's due to the fact I build lots of wall but I saw them chatting when they harvest, when they deliver ressources, when they repair.

That's an annoying side effect of where they usually work. Villagers are only interrupted to chat when the other villager is idle, and bored. Since the roads tend to be around the central part of the village, you also tend to have more idle villagers bothering workers. If it becomes too much of a problem I can always tweak the interruption chances somewhat though.

A good solution might be adding an invisible "social health" type of stat that goes up slowly as they chat, and the higher the stat is the less chance they'll talk. That way road workers won't get stopped as often if they're already frequently interrupted.

Other thing, sometimes I see my workers turning around without knowing what to do whereas they have lots of work. And it can last a certain laps of time before they find something to do.

What villagers are doing this specifically? The builders are the main ones who got an AI overhaul, they made need some tweaking.

Edit2: This game is now insane XD The monsters with their spawn points are now legions x) It's difficult to contain them but with the spell "banish" it's manageable. The game take all his sense with this feature :D

haha, Unstable 2 is certainly a brutal game. I usually get clobbered around day 16-17 now, where as I used to pretty much never lose. The spawning system was designed to work with the new Golems that haven't been added. U3 should actually balance it out a bit once the Golems are in and can act as little tank-warriors keeping the monsters away from your villagers. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#7 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

But coupled with the new villagers generating at higher levels and the bow towers doing a little more damage, it somewhat balances out. I just suggest trying to get at least 1 bow tower running before the end of day 2 or 3.

I tried and I agree with you, it balances. But it's still hard to contain monsters as Specture level 15 at day 3 >< But we can survive :P

That's an annoying side effect of where they usually work. Villagers are only interrupted to chat when the other villager is idle, and bored. Since the roads tend to be around the central part of the village, you also tend to have more idle villagers bothering workers. If it becomes too much of a problem I can always tweak the interruption chances somewhat though.

A good solution might be adding an invisible "social health" type of stat that goes up slowly as they chat, and the higher the stat is the less chance they'll talk. That way road workers won't get stopped as often if they're already frequently interrupted.

In fact, they're chatting a little less if they are distant from the other villagers but still chatting a lot. This solution is a good idea and could be a good thing I guess :)

What villagers are doing this specifically? The builders are the main ones who got an AI overhaul, they made need some tweaking.

Specifically the builders. When I was building my walls, some turned around a long time. (Sorry, by workers I wanted to say Builders^^")

haha, Unstable 2 is certainly a brutal game. I usually get clobbered around day 16-17 now, where as I used to pretty much never lose. The spawning system was designed to work with the new Golems that haven't been added. U3 should actually balance it out a bit once the Golems are in and can act as little tank-warriors keeping the monsters away from your villagers. 

:)

I was on my way to the winter so day 15. Banish helped really a lot. To reduce the number of monsters, we can use the fireball on the spawn points, and it helps a lot too. Although, I love the skin of these spawn points :D

And I discovered a bug ? The game now crashes everytime I try to reload my village :/ I saved my village four hours ago :/

#8 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

I'm also having no luck loading a saved village. I can load my profile, and the world map, but as soon as I "visit region", game crashes.

#9 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

And I discovered a bug ? The game now crashes everytime I try to reload my village :/ I saved my village four hours ago :/

I'm also having no luck loading a saved village. I can load my profile, and the world map, but as soon as I "visit region", game crashes.

Either of you have any crash logs? A lot of new variables that need saved were added this time around, one of them may not be saving correctly.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#10 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Here's a crashlog that I just generated:

http://pastebin.com/jdHAQQax

Also, when the game crashed it reset my monitor calibration and I had to reload it. Probably not super important info, but just in case.

#11 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:37 PM

Here's a crashlog that I just generated:

http://pastebin.com/jdHAQQax

Also, when the game crashed it reset my monitor calibration and I had to reload it. Probably not super important info, but just in case.

oh fun, that bugs been in the game since I added the new bow and sling towers apparently. I imagine the only reason it didn't show up sooner was because up until now, monsters mostly ignored buildings when they attacked the village.

The actual bug was caused by the missiles not knowing what tower fired them on reload. If that tower just so happens to get destroyed before the missile decays and you save your game, it'll crash on reload trying to find and reconnect to the now missing tower.

It's a very easy fix. So expect it in U3 :)

For now you can hack your save a bit and delete all the missile data, just open up your save file for that save and replace the contents of mapName.missileData with this;

version=InDev 19 Unstable 2
missileCount=0

If it's a world map save, the save should be in;

\Retro-Pixel Castles\profiles\profileX\saves\worldMap\WorldMaps\mapName\gameMode

If it's a skirmish save;

\Retro-Pixel Castles\profiles\profileX\saves\skirmish\mapPack\mapName\gameMode

If by dumb luck you have a missile flying in the air at the exact moment of saving, the above little hack might not work. But it's worth a shot if you want to salvage the save.

EDIT: Fixed!

Rise to Ruins Developer

#12 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

Hello :)

I give you my log too :)

http://pastebin.com/McFHk7Ya

I have changed the missile number but it's not working. So I think I'm in this case:

If by dumb luck you have a missile flying in the air at the exact moment of saving, the above little hack might not work.

:P

EDIT: Fixed!

GG !

#13 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I give you my log too :)

http://pastebin.com/McFHk7Ya

I have changed the missile number but it's not working. So I think I'm in this case:

:P

GG !

Actually, looks like your crash is entirely different, and more complicated. It'll take a bit more digging to figure it out. But hopefully I can have it fixed before U3 is released. :)

Your crash is actually related to the resources, it looks like it's trying to put a resource in a mob's hand, but the resource doesn't exist anymore. I'll have to do a bunch of digging to figure out how that happened. It could be a bug in the resource system (not saving a resource it should have) or a bug in the mobs (Still flagged as holding a resource that doesn't exist anymore)

EDIT: I have a feeling your crash is related to this new bug.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#14 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

Ok thank you :) Courage for this fix :D

Maybe it's related to this bug but I didn't see my workers doing this x)

#15 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

Another crash-on-save-load. Not sure if it's due to missile in the air (I tried to make sure I saved without that being the case), the previously mentioned bug, or something else.

http://pastebin.com/DP9E7GZq

#16 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

Another crash-on-save-load. Not sure if it's due to missile in the air (I tried to make sure I saved without that being the case), the previously mentioned bug, or something else.

Nope, totally new one! I already found the problem, I just need to implement a fix. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#17 Woogity

Woogity
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

I can't really tell if this behavior is new, but if it's not new, I am definitely noticing it much more with monsters targeting towers over villagers until attacked by a villager.

They target whichever tower last hit them, and will not aggro anything else unless a villager hits them. This often leads to monsters just rubber banding back and forth between two or more towers, since if two towers are spaced a little bit apart, whichever one is closer hits it just a little bit sooner, so the monster aggros the one that hit it last, so it runs to the one it is further from... and then becomes closer to that one, so in the next volley, that tower hits it first, sending the monster back to the other tower. Never noticed this before this build. Is this intended? You can do some pretty crazy stuff with mazing that keeps monsters in one section of the maze going back and forth with this.

#18 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

I can't really tell if this behavior is new, but if it's not new, I am definitely noticing it much more with monsters targeting towers over villagers until attacked by a villager.

They target whichever tower last hit them, and will not aggro anything else unless a villager hits them. This often leads to monsters just rubber banding back and forth between two or more towers, since if two towers are spaced a little bit apart, whichever one is closer hits it just a little bit sooner, so the monster aggros the one that hit it last, so it runs to the one it is further from... and then becomes closer to that one, so in the next volley, that tower hits it first, sending the monster back to the other tower. Never noticed this before this build. Is this intended? You can do some pretty crazy stuff with mazing that keeps monsters in one section of the maze going back and forth with this.

100% intended behavior. Have fun abusing it. ;)

They've actually been doing this for quite some time (over a year I think?). They just used to prioritized attacking villagers over buildings when a villager came within aggro range, now unless a villager attacks them they'll ignore villagers if they're already aggro'ed on a building. Used to they would typically cross paths with a villager and aggro long before they would start the ping-pong effect with the towers.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#19 coladraken

coladraken
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Actually, looks like your crash is entirely different, and more complicated. It'll take a bit more digging to figure it out. But hopefully I can have it fixed before U3 is released. :)

Your crash is actually related to the resources, it looks like it's trying to put a resource in a mob's hand, but the resource doesn't exist anymore. I'll have to do a bunch of digging to figure out how that happened. It could be a bug in the resource system (not saving a resource it should have) or a bug in the mobs (Still flagged as holding a resource that doesn't exist anymore)

I just got the same crash log trying to load a save. Thankfully an abandoned save, was just gonna check on memory usage.

http://pastebin.com/3H76xY8u

#20 FerretBandit

FerretBandit
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

I don't know if this is a bug. but fire elementals can travel through water. I just don't think that's very realistic.  :P

#21 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

Hmmm, another thing I saw when I played. Bow towers miss at 100% their target if these targets are at close combat range with the towers. Is there a minimum range for them to touch their target ?

#22 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

I don't know if this is a bug. but fire elementals can travel through water. I just don't think that's very realistic.  :P

Nope, not a bug. Just a missing feature. Water doesn't actually exist yet (in the code). Water is just a terrain with a high movement speed at the moment. :)

Hmmm, another thing I saw when I played. Bow towers miss at 100% their target if these targets are at close combat range with the towers. Is there a minimum range for them to touch their target ?

Actually just fixed this yesterday. The hitbox for the mobs were smaller than the velocity of the arrows.

This is all made up numbers not accounting for drag, here's the best way I can think to explain it though to visualize the problem;

1. The monster's "Hitbox" is 5 by 5 pixels wide in the center of the sprite.

2. Sometimes, arrows can travel at >4-5 pixels per update tick.

3. Visualize the arrow crossing into the hitbox directly, it should always hit since no matter how fast the arrow is moving, it's only moving less than the size of the hitbox per tick. So no matter what, at least one tick will be "inside" the box and register.

4. Now, visualize the same arrow, but going at an angle against the box's outer edge. There may only be a few pixels of the hitbox being hit, so if the outer edge is only "2 pixels" of the hitbox being passed, an arrow traveling at full speed close to the tower has a chance to miss when it shouldn't, because the next update tick takes it beyond the hitbox entirely, so no hit is registered.

The better fix (that I'll implement later) is to make a hit box "line" that starts at the front of the arrow's current hitbox and moves to the origin point (The last location of the arrow from the last update tick) the pixel distance that matches it's speed (Say it's moving at 5 pixels/update, the hitbox will be a 5 or 6 pixel long line) and if that intersects the mob it'll count as a "hit". That should allow the projectiles to travel at basically any speed and never be able to overshoot the target, and not require any extra complicated math.

For now though, I just made the monster hit boxes bigger. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#23 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:34 AM

Oook ! Thank you for the explanation :D (and for the fix :D)

#24 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

I transmit to you one new crash, maybe the same cause. 

http://pastebin.com/cqs81CAq

I wonder if the game likes "banish" x)

#25 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

I transmit to you one new crash, maybe the same cause. 

http://pastebin.com/cqs81CAq

I wonder if the game likes "banish" x)

Yup. Same crash. Likely the same cause. I've been tackling other bugs though, so I havent quite made it to this one yet. ;)

Hopefully it's an easy fix though, as short of this bug, I'm pretty close to releasing Unstable 3 already.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#26 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

I just got the same crash log trying to load a save. Thankfully an abandoned save, was just gonna check on memory usage.

http://pastebin.com/3H76xY8u

Fixed! I was right, it was related to the original bug. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#27 Elementis

Elementis
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

GG ! :D

#28 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

Fixed as of Unstable 4. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users