This updates primary focus is on adding new defenses, roads, spawn systems and AI to the game. It will also flesh out many of the mechanics added in InDev 18. As always, the road map just highlights the biggest changes, there will always be additional smaller changes along the way.
If you have any requests, be sure to post them in the comments. Let me know what you want, and how you want it to work! You might just find it sneak into the next patch.
InDev 19 Road Map
There will be 5 tiers of roads, you will have to start with tier 1 and work your way up to 5. For example, if you wanted a Tier 2 road, you'd first have to create a tier 1 road and build a tier 2 road on top. The roads will be built and maintained by new workers from a new building.
- Tier 1: Basic path. Villagers will automatically generate a basic paths in the ground in high traffic areas, offering a minor speed boost. The paths can also be built manually, for no resource cost, and function as the foundation to build roads on.
- Tier 2: Wood path. Costs 1 log resource per tile.
- Tier 3: Cobble and wood path. Costs 1 rock resource per tile.
- Tier 4: Board and cobble road. Costs 1 board resource per tile.
- Tier 5: Board and cut stone road. Costs 1 stone resource per tile.
- Note that because you need to have the previous road built in order to build the next tier, bringing terrain from nothing to tier 5 actually costs 1 log, 1 plank, 1 rock and 1 stone per tile.
- All road types will decay over time, requiring basic maintenance. The more traffic a road gets, the faster it will decay.
- A new "Road Worker" building will be added to build and maintain the roads. The workers will automatically repair the roads as they start to decay, and facilitate any new road construction you assign.
- More road tiers may be added in the future when more complex resources are added to the game.
Several new defense buildings will be added, including the new Golems system.
- Golem Building - A basic defensive building that will generate Golems that will act similarly to guards, but are renewable. Meaning if one dies, a new one will eventually take it's place. These can be placed in heavy combat areas to keep monsters at bay and hopefully in range of your towers.
- Boost Tower - A tower that boosts the abilities of other towers!
- Healing Tower - A tower that very slowly heals any friendly in range.
- Bullet Tower - A fast shooting, low damage "machine gun" like tower that uses the same ammo as the sling tower, but can shoot over walls.
- Sniper Tower - An extremely slow shooting tower with very high range and damage. Likely will use the same ammo as the Bow Tower.
A complete rewrite of the monster spawning system, opening the door for future changes.
- Monsters will now spawn anywhere on the map that is not inside the village.
- Monsters will only be able to spawn in open space, so they won't be trapped in tiny pockets they have to dig their way out of.
- Monsters types will spawn based on the type of tile they spawn over, setting up map-specific monster spawns in the future.
- Monster spawn rate settings will be added to the map, setting up for map difficulty settings in the future.
These may not all make it into InDev 19, they will be added as time permits. If they do not make it, they'll be pushed into InDev 20!
- A tavern - This building will be a fun place villagers can go to relax. It will boost happiness, and while in the tavern, encourage people to interact (and thus, partner up for mating)
- A church - A place to boost happiness, and while it's being used you'll also get a boost to your influence bar. The more people there, the more influence you'll gain on top of the usual gain rates.
- A hospital/clinic - You can assign villagers to work there and they'll become "field medics" who will run around healing fellow villagers. Later, this will also be a place pregnant villagers can go to give birth and their child will get some bonus experience for being born there, rather than at home or on the fields.
- Schools - A place where children villagers can go get educated. Children will gain experience when they visit the school, so they might get to start their adulthood a few levels higher than what they were when they were born.