Here are my suggestions for increased usability and information. Based off of my experiences with the alpha these would greatly improve my enjoyment of the game.
- Demolish structures that are built/being built and get a return of 50 percent of invested materials.
- Cancel structures that have not been started being built yet at no cost.
- Wall creation should be line based, hold and drag to create a wall, click to place a single wall section.
- It would be nice to have the ability to re-name structures
- Tooltips should be displayed while hovering over items in the right menu, giving a brief description and required building materials
- a tooltip showing total required materials should be displayed to the right of the cursor when building structures, particularly walls or other bulk production tiles.
- Villager info boxes should include detailed information on their current task:
- For example:
When delivering material x: "delivering <material x> to <building name>"
"Gathering/Mining <material z>" "Sleeping" "Visiting <villager name>" "dawdling about" etc.
- Farmers should bring food to a food stockpile, if there is one available, and allow the food haulers to distribute the food.
Also, have you thought of having a system whereby heavily travelled land will wear down into gravel/dirt/etc.? This would allow the village to develop a very realistic and organic road system.
Thanks for your time!