#1 Dragonisser

Dragonisser
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Dragonisser
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

- What about animated Water/lava? Or when wheat(or high gras) got added(if xD), it will wave in the wind.

- Changeable in the option, so older Pcs can handle that things :D

- More tree types?

- Bridges? Maps with rivers (like mine :D), would need that, because it looks fancy and otherwise the people couldnt get on the other side ^^

I will add more, if if find something :)

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Animated tiles is planned. I just have not coded the infrastructure for it yet. ;)

Animations:

I plan to have all kinds of animated tiles eventually, mostly very subtle animations similar to what you see in old SNES games like Zelda LttP. Little animated flowers bouncing up and down, water shorelines, lava bubbling, etc

Trees:

As for more tree types, what content you see now barely scratches the surface. I have added just enough content needed for testing purposes, I'm planning tons and tons of tilesets, that will all include their own versions of trees and rocks possibly.

Bridges:

I'm planning to add bridges, although from a coding standpoint they're a bit complicated, even though it seems simple enough objects like bridges need all kinda of special additional checks that normal buildings/terrain wouldn't. But, it is on the list regardless. Might just be a while before anyone sees it. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

Animated tiles is planned. I just have not coded the infrastructure for it yet. ;)

Animations:
I plan to have all kinds of animated tiles eventually, mostly very subtle animations similar to what you see in old SNES games like Zelda LttP. Little animated flowers bouncing up and down, water shorelines, lava bubbling, etc

Trees:
As for more tree types, what content you see now barely scratches the surface. I have added just enough content needed for testing purposes, I'm planning tons and tons of tilesets, that will all include their own versions of trees and rocks possibly.

Bridges:
I'm planning to add bridges, although from a coding standpoint they're a bit complicated, even though it seems simple enough objects like bridges need all kinda of special additional checks that normal buildings/terrain wouldn't. But, it is on the list regardless. Might just be a while before anyone sees it. ;)

a sort of magical sparkly tree would be nice, i was going to make a map called mystical forests but I forgot, some more themed stuff would be nice. :)

Oh and could you possibly make it so you can easily add new tile sets as a player of the game? But I like means till have coding knowledge involved.

(Using ipod, pardon the typos and poor grammar or the way I've said things)

#4 Dragonisser

Dragonisser
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

Animations:

Trees:

Bridges:

Yay :D

- Are any type of ships planned? Like Einbaum(onetree, the boat cut out of one tree), or raft, bigger boats?

- Higher mountains? So the map gets more variation, because bigger mountains often, doesnt look that good.

- Fishing? Deeper sea for oceans? (i forgot. could you possible add the feature tha people cant walk on water xD? Or are they all jesus :D)

- Maybe lava slowly spreads(volcano style) and you need to build big walls. Would be good for a campaign map

- Animals like, deers, fish, boar(evil), etc.

- Berry bush, apple tree plantage

- Cultures? Asian build rice fields, instead of carrots, etc.

Edited by Dragonisser, 09 October 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#5 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

- Are any type of ships planned? Like Einbaum(onetree, the boat cut out of one tree), or raft, bigger boats?

- Higher mountains? So the map gets more variation, because bigger mountains often, doesnt look that good.

- Fishing? Deeper sea for oceans? (i forgot. could you possible add the feature tha people cant walk on water xD? Or are they all jesus :D)

- Maybe lava slowly spreads(volcano style) and you need to build big walls. Would be good for a campaign map

he said he's adding animals before, and if you hold down shift on water it goes deeper. 

#6 Dragonisser

Dragonisser
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

he said he's adding animals before, and if you hold down shift on water it goes deeper. 

I mean even deeper water :P

#7 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

I mean even deeper water :P

... are.. you going to drown your villagers... ._.

#8 Dragonisser

Dragonisser
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

... are.. you going to drown your villagers... ._.

Well, ships, rafts, wouldnt work and at the moment they can run over the water like jesus ._.

#9 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

Well, ships, rafts, wouldnt work and at the moment they can run over the water like jesus ._.

But they are all jesus? :) No actually they are just walking in the shallow parts ;) ... totally...

#10 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Ships:

None really planned right now. I'm not sure how the AI work work in those cases. But it's a cool idea to put on a "maybe" pile for the future.

Higher Mountain:

Technically impossible based on the engine design sadly. The original version of the engine could do it, but I sacrificed that ability for ease-of-use for the end user.

Fishing:

Fishing is already planned. It's just really, really, far back on the priority list.

Lava:

Another good one for the "maybe" pile.

Animals:

Already planned.

Tree-based foods:

Also planned.

Cultures:

It's possible that a feature is already planned that would somewhat make this not work out the way you're probably thinking, but I have not announced it yet. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#11 Dragonisser

Dragonisser
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Ships:

None really planned right now. I'm not sure how the AI work work in those cases. But it's a cool idea to put on a "maybe" pile for the future.

Higher Mountain:

Technically impossible based on the engine design sadly. The original version of the engine could do it, but I sacrificed that ability for ease-of-use for the end user.

Fishing:

Fishing is already planned. It's just really, really, far back on the priority list.

Lava:

Another good one for the "maybe" pile.

Animals:

Already planned.

Tree-based foods:

Also planned.

Cultures:

It's possible that a feature is already planned that would somewhat make this not work out the way you're probably thinking, but I have not announced it yet. ;)

ok :) Thanks for the answer ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea, animated, bridges, rivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users