#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

The first stable build of 2016 has arrived! This update completely overhauls the entire game's graphics assets from scratch, quadrupling the base game resolution and doubling the animation frames for all mobs. This patch also has a plethora of under the hood changes, improving memory usage, fixing some minor bugs and making a few changes to the interface.

Also, due to the entire game being redrawn I am running another Screenshot Roundup. If you're interested, check out this announcement!

You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board. :)

InDev 17 Stable Change Log
- The entire game's art assets have been completely redrawn from scratch at four times the resolution.
- All animations are now 8 frames, instead of 4.
- New music tracks, "Misty Awakening" and "Unbroken Circle".
- Added a new splash screen melody.
- Track "Main Theme in Piano" has been remastered from scratch.
- The "Unassign Work" button has been removed.
- You can hold the "Accent Mode" button (Left Control by default) to unassign work for whatever work assignment is currently selected.
- Fixed building health bars, they no longer report 0% health when health drops below 10%.
- Improved particle performance slightly.
- Rewrote the way the game loads and transitions between states, improving load times and peak memory usage.
- Cullis Gate's max energy has been reduced to 250, making it able to fire more often.
- Ghosts are now twice as likely to appear.
- Fixed the positioning of the "News and Announcements" bar on the main menu in some situations.
- Increased the "Stuck" movement speed when a mob is trying to walk off of a blocked tile.
- Fixed building and population dropdowns from miscalculating what the "last page" of the list was when clicking the "bottom" button.
- Fixed some objects (Mainly walls) from being misclicked when trying to pause or dismantle them.
- New skirmish mode games now correctly center on the villagers when the game starts.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 abc

abc
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

Nice trailer!  :)

#3 JsantheCandyman

JsantheCandyman
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

Lovely. You even updated the website. What's the plan now?

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Lovely. You even updated the website. What's the plan now?

Well, first thing I'm going to do is throw in a few more smaller features that didn't quite make the deadline for InDev 17, so for InDev 17b and beyond;

- Make the minimap a drop down tab. Since the resolution is now quadrupled, the minimap is now (visually) 1/4th the size it used to be so it looks silly taking up the entire screen when you activate it.

- Add some rain/thunder sounds Bibiki made for me.

- Rewrite the music system so the same song never plays twice in a row.

- .. and fix bugs of course. :)

I'm also going to experiment with updating the current stable release while still working on the next major update. So you might see some new maps and other minor content in InDev 17 while I'm working on InDev 18. We'll see though.

After that's done, I'll move on to InDev 18. 18 will be what 17 was originally planned to be, a huge content update mainly centered around new buildings.

InDev 18 U1 will probably have new resource storage buildings and some of the rewrites I have planned for resource harvesters and builders to hopefully make them more efficient. I'm also going to revive/repost the old "Recommend/suggest buildings" announcement I put out before I rearranged development to make InDev 17 an art update instead.

So I guess the short and sweet of it is after a few minor updates to InDev 17, I'll start chugging out content like there's no tomorrow. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users