Starving in abundance
3 replies to this topic - Started By Hrolf_Dogface, Oct 10 2015 10:39 PM

#1 Hrolf_Dogface

Hrolf_Dogface
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

Any one else ever have a whole bunch of villagers stop eating and die even though there is plenty of food and they are at max happiness? 

Both times that it has happened to me it seems like a single house has stopped dispensing food from storage and they just go stand at their house and starve to death.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:46 AM

The food can only be harvested and delivered to the homes by the farmers, did you unassign all the farmers or pause all the farms?

Also, there is a slim chance that your farmers themselves could of been starving, and thus stopped working entirely. But this is very rare, since farmers should attempt to pull food out of their farm to eat before that happens.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 illiousintahl

illiousintahl
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2020 - 06:13 AM

I had to jump through a lot of hoops to register here, but i had to just say that sounds like THE stupidest design choice ever.
A farmer starving himself and the village because he is hungry with a field full of abundant crop; please fix
Also please allow all villagers to do the base duty of picking shit up and putting it in primary storage and using from there.
Primary storage being firstly the town center and secondly built storage; house storage of such things isn't necessary or productive it seems.

#4 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 125 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:22 PM

These forums are old, outdated, and barely used. You've necroed a thread to complain about something that doesn't even work that way. Town center is the last place anything will get stored, it's really just overflow storage. Your word choice is also a poor way to actually get a game dev to do anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users