#1 reddragon64

reddragon64
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hi so yeah it is time again =),

So I came up with some ideas here are they

1. So mobs lose blood. (except for skeleton) What I’ve they are attacked in the water. I see the blood and I thought can it look different because in real life I’ve you bleed in the water it looks very different than out the water.
  2. I’ve villagers are fighting with mob there’s for me a problem and that is. I can’t make any different when a mob is dying or a villager. Because they all fighting so close that the all the life bars sit in each other so it’s hard to make any different. Here is a tip. Let the mobs give a life bar with a red outline so I can see the mobs life bar and that is different from the villager. And that will give the villager a unique life bar.
  3. I noticed one thing where is that line when mobs or villagers walk some many times on the same pad, the pad will show a line. Is it gone or I’m just hasn’t see it
  4. You have a spell bar in the game and I thought when it is full it will show a white outline(or something) that will shows when it is full
  5. Zombies caught on fire I thought off something (it is maybe not the best idea but hey who never try he never wins) why can’t slime be on fire it’s made out of gel and that will burn, so that make the Skelton a unique mob. And can it so that when zombies are in water they can’t  burn (it is maybe not the best idea but hey who never try he never wins)  

Thank you

Yeah it is different so I would to thank you and Raymond and the others(sorry don’t know exactly who’s working) for this beautiful game. I love this where you give the game shape and let people enjoy. Every update you work very hard to make a good game and I Appreciate it. And I’ve really love that you are in contact with the community and talk with then. and then the music last update it got even better and I thinks this music stole my heart I love this music so much.

Soo thank you for this game and all of you work  :)

#2 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

Ray is the sole developer and the music is by a man called bibiki. :)

#3 reddragon64

reddragon64
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

thanks  :)  :)

#4 Bibiki

Bibiki
  • Staff
  • 36 posts
  • Pip

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hi so yeah it is time again =),

So I came up with some ideas here are they

1. So mobs lose blood. (except for skeleton) What I’ve they are attacked in the water. I see the blood and I thought can it look different because in real life I’ve you bleed in the water it looks very different than out the water.
  2. I’ve villagers are fighting with mob there’s for me a problem and that is. I can’t make any different when a mob is dying or a villager. Because they all fighting so close that the all the life bars sit in each other so it’s hard to make any different. Here is a tip. Let the mobs give a life bar with a red outline so I can see the mobs life bar and that is different from the villager. And that will give the villager a unique life bar.
  3. I noticed one thing where is that line when mobs or villagers walk some many times on the same pad, the pad will show a line. Is it gone or I’m just hasn’t see it
  4. You have a spell bar in the game and I thought when it is full it will show a white outline(or something) that will shows when it is full
  5. Zombies caught on fire I thought off something (it is maybe not the best idea but hey who never try he never wins) why can’t slime be on fire it’s made out of gel and that will burn, so that make the Skelton a unique mob. And can it so that when zombies are in water they can’t  burn (it is maybe not the best idea but hey who never try he never wins)  

Thank you

Yeah it is different so I would to thank you and Raymond and the others(sorry don’t know exactly who’s working) for this beautiful game. I love this where you give the game shape and let people enjoy. Every update you work very hard to make a good game and I Appreciate it. And I’ve really love that you are in contact with the community and talk with then. and then the music last update it got even better and I thinks this music stole my heart I love this music so much.

Soo thank you for this game and all of you work  :)

Thanks you! Ray will read this soon, so he'll answer your post with details. I'm so glad you love the music. Ray and me thought about remake the soundtrack in a orchestral style, so the quality would be better. I love to hear that it worked! :D

Thanks!

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,906 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

1. I agree, although it would take a fairly good bit of code for the particles to understand the difference between "water" and "not water" pixels, it really has no context to figure that out. Not that it couldn't be added later, it's just one of those side-polish things I'd love to do when I have time, I just have more pressing things to do for now. :)

2. Sounds like a good idea, I can experiment with it. I'll have to see what it looks like in-game though. The Green, red (and eventually yellow, for animals) might not look very aesthetically pleasing.

3. I'm not sure what you mean? :o

4. What about making the whole bar a little lighter blue and/or increasing the particle amounts?

5. Not all slimes will be immune to fire in the future, the slimes in the game now are kind of generic "water/gel"(?) based ones, later there will be all sorts of slime subtypes, even a "fire slime" that's always on fire. But the generic slime is sort of assumed to be made up of mostly murky gel/water, and thus, fire proof. :)

5b. Water tiles will put out fires eventually. The AI will even seek out nearby water if they're on fire. It's sort of the same problem as I mentioned in 1, the game actually has no concept of what is a "water tile" right now, so there's no way to apply any effects to anything in the system relating with it. (Note: Rain is different, and that does put out fires, and do some other things like make crops grow faster). This of course will change down the road though, as water will be used for other things like farming in the future. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Rise to Ruins Developer

#6 reddragon64

reddragon64
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

Here are answers about your questions

1, What I mean I this  Mobs leave a faint footprint/path trail behind them now.

There was once a update about this but now I’ve never seen so trail. And what I mean is where did it go

2  Yeah probably both. But it’s hard to explain but I’ll try, now, I thought when it’s full give it a light blue border and increase the particle effect   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users