#1 UberPilot

UberPilot
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:superpilot99
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hi, I'm UberPilot, a backer of this game, and now a person who has tried the demo. I have a couple of suggestions to make this game a lot better, at least in my regard.

(Better) Professions and/or Priorities Configuration

In playing the game, my citizens just go off and do whatever arbitrary task is nearest them, although they seem to put building first and gathering second. I would like to customize that. I know of a few systems already out there that can help with this. 

• Numeric Based: Each task, like woodcutting, mining, building, hauling, etc. can be set to a number, normally 1-10, 10 being lowest priority, 1 being highest.
  • Profession Based: Each citizen can be assigned a profession, like miner. The miner's top priority will be to mine. Custom/Configurable Professions would be a plus.
  • Region Based: Regions can be set of higher and lower priorities to make farming or building more important than mining or woodcutting, and vice versa.
  • Task Based: Give each structure a number when it is selected. The number can be set 1-10 following the same system as the Numeric Based system of numbers.

These four are the only ones I can think of now that I have seen or would like to see. I'd be glad to explain further. Just reply.

Toggleable Sound

I listen to other music in the background when I play games. The music and sound from this game really cut in when they decide to come on. I would like at least a config option in the folders to disable or mute sound.

Zooming or Zoom Levels

I sometimes like to work from a further out perspective, especially when I'm doing things like terrain. The minimap doesn't allow for using brushes or placing orders to the villagers. I would like to be able to place down large areas of land while I am painting terrain, and also would like to see the area around my village from a further out view without having to view the whole world at once.

Digging Down or Quarries

Resources run out. I like to be able to continuously mine out resources. I would like it if I could dig downwards, dwarf fortress style or otherwise. Pulling ores out of the ground for use would be a plus. Would be especially useful in conjunction with professions.

Plantable Trees

Resources run out. I would like to have trees be able to be planted and grown so that I can have wood in range of my village center. This seems to me to be realistic.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hi, I'm UberPilot, a backer of this game, and now a person who has tried the demo. I have a couple of suggestions to make this game a lot better, at least in my regard.

(Better) Professions and/or Priorities Configuration
In playing the game, my citizens just go off and do whatever arbitrary task is nearest them, although they seem to put building first and gathering second. I would like to customize that. I know of a few systems already out there that can help with this.

• Numeric Based: Each task, like woodcutting, mining, building, hauling, etc. can be set to a number, normally 1-10, 10 being lowest priority, 1 being highest.
  • Profession Based: Each citizen can be assigned a profession, like miner. The miner's top priority will be to mine. Custom/Configurable Professions would be a plus.
  • Region Based: Regions can be set of higher and lower priorities to make farming or building more important than mining or woodcutting, and vice versa.
  • Task Based: Give each structure a number when it is selected. The number can be set 1-10 following the same system as the Numeric Based system of numbers.
These four are the only ones I can think of now that I have seen or would like to see. I'd be glad to explain further. Just reply.

Toggleable Sound
I listen to other music in the background when I play games. The music and sound from this game really cut in when they decide to come on. I would like at least a config option in the folders to disable or mute sound.

Zooming or Zoom Levels
I sometimes like to work from a further out perspective, especially when I'm doing things like terrain. The minimap doesn't allow for using brushes or placing orders to the villagers. I would like to be able to place down large areas of land while I am painting terrain, and also would like to see the area around my village from a further out view without having to view the whole world at once.

Digging Down or Quarries
Resources run out. I like to be able to continuously mine out resources. I would like it if I could dig downwards, dwarf fortress style or otherwise. Pulling ores out of the ground for use would be a plus. Would be especially useful in conjunction with professions.

Plantable Trees
Resources run out. I would like to have trees be able to be planted and grown so that I can have wood in range of my village center. This seems to me to be realistic.

Professions/Priorities:

That's up in the air, I haven't decided how (if at all) I want to do a priority system. Remember you're not really supposed to control your villagers directly. Give too much control and I might as well make it RTS style and remove the AI entirely. :P

Toggleable Sound:

Already planned. The coding for sound is really just in it's infants stage.

Zooming:

Due to engine constraints, zooming actually isn't possible without breaking the perspective of the game and cranking the CPU usage through the roof in the process. :/

Digging Down/Plantable Trees:

While they're good ideas; that would actually mess up the long term plans for resource balancing in the future. Although I am considering allowing trees to grow back natural, but extremely slow. The rocks are consumed and gone forever on purpose to force you to have to keep branching out. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users