4 replies to this topic - Started By PetydeNecro, Jul 29 2015 06:47 AM

#1 PetydeNecro

PetydeNecro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationBalatonalmadi, Hungary

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

I was thinking about a new building type with a potential to provide more options for the player to acquire needed resources: a Trading Post. As I currently imagine it, this could be implemented as a neutral object on the map, situated in a random location. The trade system could be barter-based to keep it nice and simple - the player could select which resources to exchange and assign villagers to carry the stuff to the Trading Post and back to camp. This behaviour could be paired with other plans and ideas I've been seeing popping up in the threads about convoys with guards around for protection.

To make things more interesting, the new building could perhaps be run by a Merchant, who is a special type of "mob". He could enter the map from time to time, wander around a bit, then choose a location and set up shop. After awhile, he could dismantle the Trading Post and go on his way only to appear again at a later time. :)

#2 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hmm, reminds me a of a suggestion i made almost a year ago. (http://retropixelcas...opic/36-events/)

I did do a picture for the merchant, i don't know here it is or if i uploaded it, but i was happy with it and i almost remember it, i'll attempt to make it a again.

EDIT: I know ray saw it, i just found the thread but i think the image was deleted. 

EDIT: So i just made another one, while my computer was searching for it, and then after i finished, i found it. I was positive i deleted it, so this is interesting.

Anyway i made a good few, here they are:

New one: 

ss7LMas.png

Old one:

nwhKp8S.png

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

Back then I liked the idea, but implementation was an issue as it made no logical sense, but development plans changed a little sense then. So you guys may actually get to see a sort of trading system. But I haven't quite figured out how it'll work yet.

I can't make any promises though, it's just something that may happen, but it's definitely not on the priority list right now. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

Back then I liked the idea, but implementation was an issue as it made no logical sense, but development plans changed a little sense then. So you guys may actually get to see a sort of trading system. But I haven't quite figured out how it'll work yet.

I can't make any promises though, it's just something that may happen, but it's definitely not on the priority list right now. :)

I understand what you mean, could be interesting though, a trading system.

#5 PetydeNecro

PetydeNecro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationBalatonalmadi, Hungary

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

Alright, I'll keep my eyes peeled for other updates! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resources, trade, building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users