#1 PetydeNecro

PetydeNecro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationBalatonalmadi, Hungary

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I decided to try my luck with the map editor and created my very first map. I thought sharing it with you would be a nice way to celebrate, so here you are! :)

https://dl.dropboxus...756/Balaton.rar

Balaton-MiniMap-2015-07-29-1.png

Balaton-2015-07-29-2.png

Its main feature is a likeness of Lake Balaton, a true lake in Hungary, Europe, on the northern coast of which I live. :) I've tried to roughly portray some geographical features of the lake's surroundings as well: some volcanic hills along the northern shoreline and the like. The map features multiple starting zones with ample space and resources to start constructing your camp, as well as several ruined buildings for you to reclaim. These are situated in a way to represent real-world towns around the lake (Veszprem, Keszthely, Siofok). The map was kind of a little experiment for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed...hope you will find it interesting! 

Have fun playing! :)

Peter

#2 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Pretty nice indeed! Like the amount of colours, normally there are less on a map. :)

Good job!

#3 PetydeNecro

PetydeNecro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

Thanks so much, Luka - I'm glad you like the result! :)

#4 PetydeNecro

PetydeNecro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

I've done a little cosmetic update, adding one more volcanic mountain ("Szent Gyorgy hegy") and some additional details to the reclaimable towns. :) The link points to the new version, and the previews have also been changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users