#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Click here for help on accessing the Unstable branch!

The game changer has arrived! Introducing the first update to add godlike elements to the world of Retro-Pixel Castles! Give the new system a shot, and let me know what you think. :)

This patch also includes a huge list of AI tweaks and fixes thanks to your guy's inputs and some of my own findings. Let me know if you find any other bugs, or if you have any balance suggestions.

You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board. :)

InDev 15 Unstable 2b HOTFIX Change Log
- Fixed a crash when reloading a saved game.
- Added the unimplemented White Rock terrain.
- Added new resource artwork to match the various terrain colors.

InDev 15 Unstable 2 Change Log
- Added a the new "Influence System", that allows the player to manipulate the game world with various godlike abilities. An influence bar has been added to the top GUI, you will gain Influence (mana) based on how happy your villagers are and you can use the influence points to cast various godlike spells and abilities.
- New Spell: Fire Blast - Will rain down hellfire on the target, aim carefully!
- New Spell: Motivate Land - Will encourage natural resources to rapidly grow in the targeted area.
- New Spell: Flame - Will ignite the targets in the area on fire.
- New Spell: Dissolve - Will dissolve crystals, turning them into essence.
- New Spell: Healing Aura - Will heal all friendly villagers in the target area.
- New Spell: Distract - Will get villagers attention, making them curiously walk over to the target area. Will also do superficial damage if you accidentally hit one of them.
- New Spell: Recall - Teleports villagers or harvested resources in the target area to a safe location inside the village.
- New Spell: Banish - Teleports all the hostile monsters in the area somewhere randomly on the map.
- Fixed a minor bug causing guards to miscalculate their AI response rate.
- Mobs can now catch on fire.
- The Fire Bolt tower will now ignite targets it hits.
- Fixed a bug causing the AI to freeze if a villager had a home, and was told to go home to regenerate health.
- Fixed a bug when something was dismantled or destroyed it was not releasing it's essence.
- Fixed a minor bug detecting buildings and objects in range of a mob returning incorrect values, causing mobs to ignore buildings on occasion.
- Fixed a bug when a mob was attempting to flee, but was standing on top of a blocked tile.
- Destroying crystal, rather than harvesting it, will now release a little bit of essence.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when trying to look for a new home, if they have tried and failed to look for a new home previously.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash if a villager is in the middle of looking for a home, and one of the homes are destroyed.
- Fixed a crash when the villager is trying to change homes to live with their partner or parent but can't reach the building.
- Fixed a bug where children trying to reassign their home to their parents would crash if the parent is dead.
- Greatly increased the chance villagers will chat and become mates.
- Villagers are much less willing to chat when outside the bounds of the village.
- Fixed a bug where AI would continue to repair a building that no longer exists.
- Increased the tool tip delay.
- Villagers can now be confused, wandering around not knowing what to do for a little while.
- Fixed a crash when a mob is following another, but then suddenly can't reach them anymore.
- Ghost's AI has been reimplemented into the game.
- Temporarily patched a bug where farmers and crystal harvesters would get stuck in an infinite loop trying to harvest resources.
- Villagers now only do work on the range map when building, dismantling, repairing, delivering resources.
- Fixed a bug preventing monsters from attacking terrain.
- Reduced work rate slightly, to give the villagers time to do tasks to regenerate happiness, find homes, or eat and sleep.
- Added a bunch of new mouse cursors.

InDev 15 Unstable 1 Change Log
- Completely new AI system, rewritten from scratch.
- Villagers who have no home will now attempt to sleep near buildings or walls instead of open fields.
- Villagers can now chat with each other when they're idle.
- Villagers now find mates by chatting with other villagers.
- Villagers who go to visit their mate will now automatically start talking to them.
- Completely rebalanced the happiness system.
- Child birth, coitus, working, being pregnant, carrying resources and many other tasks now consume additional energy and hunger.
- The effects of being stunned are now accumulative and stack.
- Lowered the maximum pack size of skeletons and zombies.
- Reduced the aggro range of all mobs.
- Optimized the combat search behavior.
- Fixed a bug where villagers were incorrectly detecting what building they were near.
- Children now attempt to live with their parents.
- When villagers look for a home they will now visit the home first before claiming it, and then go inside.
- Added a new music track, "Night is Coming".
- Updated map "Altaria" and added map "Loom" by Kingroka
- Added map "Captain Cal" by Primoslate
- Added maps "Ocriana" and Treacherous Lands" by Joris De Reus
Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 thetrav

thetrav
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

waiting for it to show up in steam ...

(also, hooray)

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

waiting for it to show up in steam ...

(also, hooray)

May have to reboot Steam, else it may take an hour or so before your client realizes there is an update out. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 thetrav

thetrav
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

Massive improvement.

Noticeably increased level of zombies, however the healing aura spell makes my guard swarm handle it quite capably.  

Feels like I need to keep paying attention though, and it's sucking up most all of my mana.

Got to play up to day 7 before it crashed to desktop (no error, just game quit), using cullis gate for population boost, got it up to 36.

Breeding still doesn't feel like it's worth it (I tested it in the previous version in peaceful, I hit day 7 before I got my first pregnancy with half the town on idle the whole time)

#5 abc

abc
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Yes, very great update!  :D

The game feels much more balanced, and gives the player more stuff to do besides watch settlers sit and build!

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:14 PM

Got to play up to day 7 before it crashed to desktop (no error, just game quit), using cullis gate for population boost, got it up to 36.

Breeding still doesn't feel like it's worth it (I tested it in the previous version in peaceful, I hit day 7 before I got my first pregnancy with half the town on idle the whole time)

Could you check your /logs/ folder for a crash log? Usually a no-error CTD will generate a stack trace inside the last /logs/ file generated.

As for breeding, I'll probably continue to improve it throughout InDev 15. :)

and gives the player more stuff to do besides watch settlers sit and build!

Awesome! That was exactly what the entire influence system was designed to do. :D

Rise to Ruins Developer

#7 abc

abc
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Actually, I think you should have description boxes to explain the Influence Spells.

Also, chatting is very buggy. Heroes will stand right next to monsters destroying my buldings and just keep talking.

#8 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Actually, I think you should have description boxes to explain the Influence Spells.

Also, chatting is very buggy. Heroes will stand right next to monsters destroying my buldings and just keep talking.

I was going to do a swing-out box like the buildings have. :)

and yeah, chatting is a bit annoying sometimes right now. I'm hoping to have it better balanced before InDev 15 is released.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#9 DieKartoffel

DieKartoffel
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

I love the new cursor. ^_^

#10 kingroka123

kingroka123
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Very nice update. I'm loving the influence system.  :D  I know Im supposed to be using my powers for good but there is something fun about blowing up my villagers  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users