Convoys
1 reply to this topic - Started By Rhimwill, Jun 18 2015 11:33 AM

#1 Rhimwill

Rhimwill
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Sometimes it is necessary for workers to go outside the village to get resources, especially in the case of food, leaving them vulnerable to attack. It would be cool if you would create a convoy in those cases, where guards would be assigned to protect workers as they gather resources from far away. It could work so that the workers wouldn't drop their resources or flee as long as there were guards enough to protect them.

Also, speaking of guards, it would be cool to be able to be able to assign a hero to a guard building in order to give combat bonuses to the guards in that building.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,905 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Sorry for the late reply, been a crazy few days. :)

I like your idea, it sounds similar to something I was planning. Once I expand the guard AI behaviors I was going to have them detect what villagers are out of bounds of the village and start following them around (to protect them). I think this may naturally create a system similar to your convoy system. I'm also tossing around some code to change how the AI flees, currently when they flee they drop the resource in their hands and run away (so they can escape faster) but this tends to be counterproductive in the long run when they need to flee something that is quickly attacked by a hero or guard, and the villager is no longer in danger.

What I may do is make it so the AI will flee while still holding the resources, and only drop them if they are actually hit by a monster. This will allow the workers to be a little more efficient but still able to escape some monsters that may outrun them when they're being bogged down by heavy equipment.

Once I get to the guard AI I'll play around with my ideas and yours, and see what works out. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users