• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

So here's my idea, well.. ideas...

Well my idea is that the main menu could get another button,

The button would be called campaign, and rename "play" to something like survival,  And in the campaign there's like bunch of maps(could use the kickstater map pack but filters so no bad ones, Then change them a little)
Or you could just make clicking "play" Go to another screen, (this is so hard to explain)  Okay let me do this again,

So there two ideas for the main menu, add a new button called campaign, and put it on the left and move "play" to the right and rename play to survival or such.

So something like this: 
Spoiler

(Just used photoshop and paint.net)

That took me too long to make that one button, no way i'm gonna do it again on the play button, but still if that was survival then that would be what i mean.

And after pressing campaign there could be a level selector or something like that, or maybe a bit more themed to how you want it, because level selectors need a weird sort of theme like cut the ropes level selector to fit with it.

Or make it so after pressing it there's just the load game memnu and like i said up there, it uses the kickstarter maps but changed a little, Or maybe even just making a contest for who can make maps for it, Or just make a load of maps your self :P

Anyway you may already have this idea, But i just feel like a story line in there would keep people playing, Like a good story to why the monsters came here, or something like you were from a castle that was destroyed by the monsters and you fight to make a new one, I realize there's not meant to be a winning in this game, So do what worms reloaded did, There's a normal game and campaign, campaign isn't the main game and  the main is the like co-op (not saying you should make co-op but more just don't make this the main part) Or something like that, But you could also change  the idea i have here for something else, Like a shop button, where you can buy permanent or temporary special villagers, Or crystal bombs(explore with crystals :3) I'm sort of bursting with ideas so i should stop talking now :P

#2 Skyrunner65

Skyrunner65
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:skyrunner65
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Nice job on the menu!

I have another idea similar to this, which is scenarios like in simcity (referencing the SNES version). Here's a few:

1.Monster Mash: The monsters are swarming the village! Make defenses immediately!

2.Soup Kitchen: These poor villagers are starving, so find some food for them.

3.Monsters Hate Fire: Keep the fire going until daylight comes or else the monsters will come!

(Will need controllable fire, such as a campfire or something)

4.Last Man on Earth: Protect this man from death and peril for 3 days.

#3 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Nice job on the menu!

I have another idea similar to this, which is scenarios like in simcity (referencing the SNES version). Here's a few:

1.Monster Mash: The monsters are swarming the village! Make defenses immediately!

2.Soup Kitchen: These poor villagers are starving, so find some food for them.

3.Monsters Hate Fire: Keep the fire going until daylight comes or else the monsters will come!

(Will need controllable fire, such as a campfire or something)

4.Last Man on Earth: Protect this man from death and peril for 3 days.

I like the idea of last man on earth and monster mash  mainly. Oh and i've never played the sims before, I have it but never downloaded it :P

And thanks, the text had some spacing problems. But it was just a example, Ohhhh ohhh maybe change campaign to something like mini-games or arcade? And it could still have a new menu but with the things you've said and the campaign?

#4 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for moving the thread :P

#5 Skyrunner65

Skyrunner65
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:skyrunner65
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

I have another idea which is similar to mob arena from Minecraft.

Basically, you start out with a village and try to survive monsters each night, with the day being a safe period to collect materials and build things. One thing you could add is when it starts to go dark, your villagers will not gather anymore or start construction on new buildings.

Obviously, this gamemode/mini-game will progressively get harder and harder.

BTW I like "Last man on Earth" too.

(Thank God for Autocorrect.)

#6 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have another idea which is similar to mob arena from Minecraft.

Basically, you start out with a village and try to survive monsters each night, with the day being a safe period to collect materials and build things. One thing you could add is when it starts to go dark, your villagers will not gather anymore or start construction on new buildings.

Obviously, this gamemode/mini-game will progressively get harder and harder.

BTW I like "Last man on Earth" too.

(Thank God for Autocorrect.)

Before we all start coming up with random ideas, best to know if ray has an idea's for this mini-games or arcade mode or whatever you wanna call it, but still that seems like a fair idea, but maybe add a little spice, like it gives you something as long as you can last? like some sort of money...? that can be used in traveling merchants that come to the base every now and then?

EDIT: 

003fdad5f3.png

#7 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

While many of your ideas are rather interesting, remember, I have to finish the game first! ;)

I like your little merchant sprite though, I'm just not sure at this point if Merchants will work in the final game. Keep in mind, the map will be absolutely covered with baddies. Chances are the merchant would be killed before it arrived anyway. :o

Rise to Ruins Developer

#8 Ghoosty

Ghoosty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

Mise à jour du jeu ?, ça fait un petit moment que je suis pas passé :S, vous pouvez poster carrément sur le site s'il y a une mise à jour du jeu : o

--

Update of the game, it's been a while since I'm not past: S, you can post squarely on the site if there is an update of the game: o

#9 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Mise à jour du jeu ?, ça fait un petit moment que je suis pas passé :S, vous pouvez poster carrément sur le site s'il y a une mise à jour du jeu : o

--

Update of the game, it's been a while since I'm not past: S, you can post squarely on the site if there is an update of the game: o

Oh, I usually only announce the latest stable builds, because the rawbuilds are random and very unstable/unsupported usually. So I just want people who are 100% completely aware of that to be using them. :)

But, you can fetch the latest and greatest here, usually. Although currently the latest build released is actually the stable one I launched alongside the Kickstarter.

http://www.retropixe...junk/rawbuilds/

Rise to Ruins Developer

#10 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

While many of your ideas are rather interesting, remember, I have to finish the game first! ;)

I like your little merchant sprite though, I'm just not sure at this point if Merchants will work in the final game. Keep in mind, the map will be absolutely covered with baddies. Chances are the merchant would be killed before it arrived anyway. :o

Yes, yes... Fine :c

Either way my ideas are bursting and i'm very happy. :3 That's probably just because It's my birthday :P

And thanks, Also when the this is possible, As in the game is "finished" or whatever then there could be a way around it, If you've ever played the game "towns" that's what i mean the merchant, he comes on a bike, but it's also sometimes a skeleton on a bike but yeah, anyway there's mobs spawning all around the map in this one to, But maybe they did something like while moving, kill all the entities near mchant1 or such. and then no one will come, also maybe make it something like While travel set health *high number* ANYWAY like you said, when it's finished :)

--

Oh, I usually only announce the latest stable builds, because the rawbuilds are random and very unstable/unsupported usually. So I just want people who are 100% completely aware of that to be using them. :)

But, you can fetch the latest and greatest here, usually. Although currently the latest build released is actually the stable one I launched alongside the Kickstarter.

http://www.retropixe...junk/rawbuilds/

Pfff, Who needs stable builds... Oh and when it's one steam, Will the unstable raw builds be in steam such as a "raw builds" beta opt-able? That would be very cool. Oh and talking of steam, hows green light going?

#11 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

Yes, yes... Fine :c

Either way my ideas are bursting and i'm very happy. :3 That's probably just because It's my birthday :P

<snip>

Oh my... my last birthday. Good way to spend my 400th post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users