23 replies to this topic - Started By Ghoosty, Sep 23 2014 06:58 AM

#1 Ghoosty

Ghoosty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Bien le bonjour, je viens de découvrir ce jeu sur steam, et comme il m'a plu beaucoup =), j'ai voté pour lui !

Je viens faire part des mes idées qui sont:

-Un tutoriel ( oui j'avoue j'ai eu du mal, surtout pour l'agriculture)

-Interface un peu moins grosse ( ma résolution et 1336 x 768)

-Un (vrai) menu option pendant le jeu ou dans la star, je sais on a le fichier pour éditer !

-Une description des bâtiments ( petite ou grande à votre choix =) )

-Un scénario peut être ? (facultatif)

- Est bien sur comme vous l'aurez vu, je suis Français ! Happy : P, donc je propose une traduction en français (si je peux aider sur mon temps libre (faut que je voie ça), ou les quelques mots présents déjà dans le jeu).

Voilà en tout cas personnellement je retourne sur le jeu ! =) Bravo à l'équipe de développement, et je me demandais le jeu sera t'il Gratuis ? Free To play ?

Cordialement Ghoosty

Ah oui oublie de ma part :S
Mettre un système de sauvegarde !

Vive Google traduction :P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day, I just found this game on steam, and as it pleased me a lot =) I voted for him!

I have come to share my ideas are:

-A tutorial (yes I admit I had trouble, especially for agriculture)

-interface Slightly less fat (and my resolution 1336 x 768)

One (true) menu option in the game or in the starte, I know we have to edit the file!

-A description of the building (small or large your choice =))

-A scenario can be? (optional)

- Is of course as you may have seen, I'm French! Happy :P, I propose a translation into French (if I can help in my spare time (I have to see it), or a few words already present in the game).

That's at least personally I return to the game! =) Kudos to the development team, and I was wondering will you play it free ? Free To Play?

Sincerely Ghoosty

Oh forgot to me: S
Putting a backup system!

Long live Google translation :P

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

-A tutorial (yes I admit I had trouble, especially for agriculture)

Tutorial is planned. Although at first it'll probably be web based (a wiki, or something similar).

Sadly, that may be unavoidable at such a low resolution. :( That's the big drawback to these retro games, I can only make the buttons so small before they become unusable. But I can look into possibly adding an option to show less buttons at once in the future.

One (true) menu option in the game or in the starte, I know we have to edit the file!

Already planned!

-A description of the building (small or large your choice =))

Also already planned!

-A scenario can be? (optional)

Can you elaborate?

- Is of course as you may have seen, I'm French! Happy :P, I propose a translation into French (if I can help in my spare time (I have to see it), or a few words already present in the game).

In the future I am going to convert the language strings in the game to a editable file so people can make custom languages, so keep a look out for it! If you do a good job (and you're the first one to do it) I'll probably add it to the game with credit to you. :)

That's at least personally I return to the game! =) Kudos to the development team, and I was wondering will you play it free ? Free To Play?

Thanks! :D
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sadly, that may be unavoidable at such a low resolution. :( That's the big drawback to these retro games, I can only make the buttons so small before they become unusable. But I can look into possibly adding an option to show less buttons at once in the future.

Would be lots of work, but one day that could be done, I think. Because this is pixels it would be very very hard to do right I understand that but still possible. Like make it so the tab isn't one image with(excluding the buttons) that's life's out but multiple images that are very high res but are scared based on a detector of the screen res. I'm sure there's a way around it. I'll ask my brother sometime. He's currently making his own 3d engine. (Let me rephrase that, currently as in he might completely scrap it or change it later).

#4 Ghoosty

Ghoosty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:06 AM

Bonjour =) Me revoilà, après 5h sur le jeu ;)

Pour le scénario, je pensais un genre de petite campagne on a des objectifs à faire, avoir 50 de populations avec 60 de ressource, bon actuellement il que les carottes : P.

Ba pour le fichier langue du jeu il me faudrait ba euh le fichier Xd que je le traduise ou un autre moyen d'avoir les mots du jeu.

I'll probably add it to the game with credit to you.

Merci =)

En tout cas, je retourne sur le jeu, voir si je peux trouver d'autres idées :P !

Est-ce qu'il aura un système de sauvegarde de partie ?

Et avoir aussi une possibilité de mettre le jeu en pause, exemple on joue et on a du monde qui arrive chez nous, hop en pause !

----

Hello =) I'm back, after 5 hours on the game ;)

For the script, I thought a kind of small country where we make goals, 50 have populations of 60 resource, right now it carrots: P.

Ba to the language file of the game should ba me the uh XD I translate the file or another way to have the words of the game.

Thank you =)

Anyway, I go back on the game, see if I can find other ideas :P !

Does he have a backup system?

And also have an opportunity to pause the game, such as playing and it was the world comes to us, hop break !

#5 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Bonjour =) Me revoilà, après 5h sur le jeu ;)

Pour le scénario, je pensais un genre de petite campagne on a des objectifs à faire, avoir 50 de populations avec 60 de ressource, bon actuellement il que les carottes : P.

Ba pour le fichier langue du jeu il me faudrait ba euh le fichier Xd que je le traduise ou un autre moyen d'avoir les mots du jeu.

Merci =)

En tout cas, je retourne sur le jeu, voir si je peux trouver d'autres idées :P !

Est-ce qu'il aura un système de sauvegarde de partie ?

Et avoir aussi une possibilité de mettre le jeu en pause, exemple on joue et on a du monde qui arrive chez nous, hop en pause !

----

Hello =) I'm back, after 5 hours on the game ;)

For the script, I thought a kind of small country where we make goals, 50 have populations of 60 resource, right now it carrots: P.

Ba to the language file of the game should ba me the uh XD I translate the file or another way to have the words of the game.

Thank you =)

Anyway, I go back on the game, see if I can find other ideas :P !

Does he have a backup system?

And also have an opportunity to pause the game, such as playing and it was the world comes to us, hop break !

5 hours of the game in one go? o.o Someone loves this game :P

Oh that reminds me, i needed test something with that game but i'm busy :C I'll do it when ray's online... 

#6 Dasbuba

Dasbuba
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:dasbuba
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

I also think that a pause funtion would be graet thing! Somtimes u got things to do like go to pee or eat...u know!  :D

Complications arose, stopped and were overcome.

#7 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

haha, glad you're having so much fun with the tech demo. You'll have a blast once all the other core features are finally added. :)

If by backup, you mean a save system, there will be one eventually. In fact, that may be part of the next big update. Some of the next batch of core mechanics I'll probably start working on will probably be the monsters and save systems.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#8 Dasbuba

Dasbuba
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

I wonder how this monsters will work...will there be waves of them or is the map full of monsters ? save would be awesome and will help to test later game for bugs! 

#9 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I wonder how this monsters will work...will there be waves of them or is the map full of monsters ? save would be awesome and will help to test later game for bugs!

Both!

This is all still sitting on the drawing board, and subject to change, but the current plan is:

The map will have monsters that randomly spawn near in the "holes" in the map that aren't blocked off, every day the spawn rate and and mob types increase slightly. So overtime the map will fill up with monsters.

As it fills, periodically monsters will group together and attack you. So, as the spawn rate increases so does the frequency and size of the waves. Where you may start off fending off 4 or 5 monsters at once, down the line it may be 20, 30, 40 or even 100 or even multiple waves at once. But hopefully by then you have a much better, well protected village.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#10 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Both!

This is all still sitting on the drawing board, and subject to change, but the current plan is:

The map will have monsters that randomly spawn near in the "holes" in the map that aren't blocked off, every day the spawn rate and and mob types increase slightly. So overtime the map will fill up with monsters.

As it fills, periodically monsters will group together and attack you. So, as the spawn rate increases so does the frequency and size of the waves. Where you may start off fending off 4 or 5 monsters at once, down the line it may be 20, 30, 40 or even 100 or even multiple waves at once. But hopefully by then you have a much better, well protected village.

I was always wondering the point of them holes in the floor, just thought they looked cool and that was the point but ohh that sounds like a very good idea! :D

#11 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

I was always wondering the point of them holes in the floor, just thought they looked cool and that was the point but ohh that sounds like a very good idea! :D

yeah, the holes in the map are essentially spawn points for mobs. If you look at how I made "The Quiet Forest" you'll notice the holes are somewhat strategically placed around the map. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#12 Dasbuba

Dasbuba
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

Also müssen wir diese Löcher auf den maps platzieren? Ich würde dann auch spielerstartpunkte benutzen anstatt diese random zu lassen. das würde das mapmaking für uns vereinfachen.

So we need to place these holes on the maps? I would then also player start points instead of using this random permit. that would simplify the mapmaking for us.

#13 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

Also müssen wir diese Löcher auf den maps platzieren? Ich würde dann auch spielerstartpunkte benutzen anstatt diese random zu lassen. das würde das mapmaking für uns vereinfachen.

So we need to place these holes on the maps? I would then also player start points instead of using this random permit. that would simplify the mapmaking for us.

In the future, I eventually want to put in a system where when you make a map you can select 3 different "start modes".

• Random - Like it is now, you just get plopped on a random location.
  • Fixed - One single set spawn point, with a village center already built.
  • Multiple Fixed - You start next to random pre-set location centers, the locations and amounts of them are determined my the map makers.

As mapmakers, you won't have to place the holes. They can spawn on the edges of the map unless you block them off. but you'll want to, depends on the map design. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#14 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

In the future, I eventually want to put in a system where when you make a map you can select 3 different "start modes".

• Random - Like it is now, you just get plopped on a random location.
  • Fixed - One single set spawn point, with a village center already built.
  • Multiple Fixed - You start next to random pre-set location centers, the locations and amounts of them are determined my the map makers.

As mapmakers, you won't have to place the holes. They can spawn on the edges of the map unless you block them off. but you'll want to, depends on the map design. :)

Oh, cool i like that idea because it can look very nice, I think it's better than minecraft's way because this would stop them spawning in places they shouldn't.

Although random isn't so bad, just place the village center where you want, it's awkward to get them to move all that way but who knows, also damnit this gives me another idea for the suggestions section...

just noticed the ramen-noodles pitcure ... *sigh*

#15 UberPilot

UberPilot
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:superpilot99
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

I can help with the wiki, if you do one.

#16 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

I can help with the wiki, if you do one.

That would be cool, although when i see a wiki with little amount of pages and been there for along time i think it's dead. So if it's going to be made, there will need to be allot of content :P I'm happy  to help too if you want.

#17 Ghoosty

Ghoosty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Yeah ! me revoilà, désolé petit problème d'ordi.

Pour le wiki je peux voir aussi, coter français ! =)

Sinon quoi de beau, il y a eu des petites mise à jour sur le jeu depuis !?

--

Yeah! I'm back, sorry little problem with computer.

For the wiki I can see quoting French! =)

Otherwise what's beautiful, there has been little update on the game from !?

#18 Ghoosty

Ghoosty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

Petite suggestion sur le bruit du minage je pensais à cette play liste trouvée http://www.universal...oups-divers.htm et écouté le bruit de coup sur enclume anvil hit 1/2/3/4, je pense que sa serai que le bruit actuellement et vraiment pour moi trop aigu .

--

One suggestion on the noise of blasting I thought this play-list found http://www.universal...oups-divers.htm and listened to the noise of the shot on anvil anvil hit 1/2/3/4 I think his will that noise now and really for me too acute.

#19 Dasbuba

Dasbuba
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

yeah, the holes in the map are essentially spawn points for mobs. If you look at how I made "The Quiet Forest" you'll notice the holes are somewhat strategically placed around the map. :)

How about giving the Monsters some kind of desroyable spawnhouse? Maybe they could build new ones and spread out of the map like a plague but u will have a "little" chance to fight them back...

#20 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

How about giving the Monsters some kind of desroyable spawnhouse? Maybe they could build new ones and spread out of the map like a plague but u will have a "little" chance to fight them back...

I was actually planning on making little spawn houses eventually. ;)

I haven't figured out how the player would "attack" them though since we're not allowed to order around the villagers directly. One idea I had was that the guards would attack them automatically if they are in range of the village.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#21 Dasbuba

Dasbuba
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

I haven't figured out how the player would "attack" them though since we're not allowed to order around the villagers directly. One idea I had was that the guards would attack them automatically if they are in range of the village.

This would only work if all guards decide to attack if one see the house

Maybe a system like in Majesty. But I do not know how does that fit with your plans for the game . As long as we do not know precisely where you want with the game out we can just giving food for thought ; )

#22 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

Clicking on a guard would bring up the thingy at the bottom, showing info about them and maybe add a little button that says "Attack nests?" (just called it a nest cause it sounds better) And then it would just attack one if in range like you said. And maybe add other things in there, like "Guard area" And clicking it would give you a special cursor and clicking the ground with that would make him guard there?... 

#23 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

Clicking on a guard would bring up the thingy at the bottom, showing info about them and maybe add a little button that says "Attack nests?" (just called it a nest cause it sounds better) And then it would just attack one if in range like you said. And maybe add other things in there, like "Guard area" And clicking it would give you a special cursor and clicking the ground with that would make him guard there?...

You have to be careful though when adding these kinds of mechanics - remember this game tries to stay as hands-off direct villager control as possible. :)

An alternative may be for the guard tower/barracks building itself to have a "attack nests" toggle that affects all of the guards assigned to it though.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#24 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

You have to be careful though when adding these kinds of mechanics - remember this game tries to stay as hands-off direct villager control as possible. :)

An alternative may be for the guard tower/barracks building itself to have a "attack nests" toggle that affects all of the guards assigned to it though.

Yeah, That's why that idea was sort of meant to be highly changed, because that just be clearly controlling the guard, so yeah... 

But i suppose the guard towers or the barracks you said would work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users