Rojo10000
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rojo10000
  • LocationC√≥rdoba, Spain

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

So these are my suggestions:

-Roads: The game is called "Retro-Pixel Castles", and there are no roads in a castle, but imagine them villagers walking on the road, going to their houses; I think it would be nice.

-Planning tool: Everything made while this mode is activated is planned. For example: activate this mode, and then put houses and other constructions as well as roads (:P), it will tell you how many resources will you need for constructing all things planned, and also a button called "Build". When you press it, the villagers will start building the construction you selected.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

Roads are planned, they'll probably come along shortly after some of the pathfinding rewrites I'll be adding. Right now if you were to build roads the villagers would have no context of them in the pathfinding system so they would just ignore them and just walk along side them and other silly things. But once I add movement costs to the pathfinding, I can add roads and get the villagers to favor using them. :)

The building planning is a cool idea, but since it's not all that critical to game play if I were to add such a tool it probably wouldn't be for a long while since I have a lot of other mechanics to get to first. That's a good feature for a wishlist item on my to do list though.

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users