Gates + Abort dismantle
2 replies to this topic - Started By Darkwilli, Mar 19 2015 10:00 AM

#1 Darkwilli

Darkwilli
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

It would be nice to see a way villagers passing through the city walls. It is annoying to see some villagers walling themselfs out of your village. Maybe it could need some gatekeepers, which could open/close the gate and guard it from mobs.

An other suggestion would be that you can abort the dismantle when it started or at least add a little "Are you sure you want to dismantle that?" box. 

Regards Darkwilli

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,923 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Gates;

Gates are planned. Although I'm still trying to work out how to make them useful, because I have a feeling they'll be torn down so frequently by monsters that players may not build them in favor of building additional towers instead. Another important note is the "Wall yourself in completely" strategy won't work in the future, because the monsters will just start tearing down your walls instead of being bottle necked to one point so you can kill them with towers and other defenses. Thus, walling your villagers completely outside your village by accident actually shouldn't happen hardly at all since walling yourself in completely wouldn't be a viable strategy anyway.

Either way though, I'd like to add gates so the bottleneck points can use gates as slowdown points and you can blast the monsters while they're stuck trying to pound down the wall. I just have to make it balanced, so players aren't motivated to just build more towers instead. :)

Dismantle;

The button will actually be moved to the work tab (Left hand GUI), it'll work like how traditional RTS game's sell buttons work basically. You'll select the "dismantle" tool, then select the various objects you want to dismantle. It's a somewhat more safe way to remove the need for the warning box (That was originally planned) so that you can dismantle large amount of objects, like sections of walls, quickly and easily.

edit; Aborting the dismantle, effectively converting it into an under construction building at whatever equivalent stage it was at when it was dismantled, is also planned. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Levi Kornelsen

Levi Kornelsen
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Pip

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Why not just resolve the tower/gate choice by combining the two?

Like: Some towers are gates.  Villagers can walk into and out of the (weak damage) archer towers, which come in wooden, sturdy, and stone, and connect to each other and to walls.  Monsters can't.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestion, Bill, Abort, dismantle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users