#1 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

I was wondering the snapshot schedule, Because i realize they are only like just to give you a idea of the game but still i'll be happy to check each one out every time one comes out, I couldn't see anyway pattern in the release dates on the downloads but still, Just in case there is i'd be happy to know because i do check everyday for a new one, and if there isn't, would there be a way to get told when there is one?

The newest one that is there crashes after the villager is fully built, So i feel like the next that won't happen so i just keep wanting to see what you have done and it very much interests me. 

Thanks.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,923 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

There's really no scheduled for the unstable/rawbuilds. It's usually every time I hit a minor landmark in the development. As for the stable ones, I guess it's the same way. But it's whenever I reach a much larger landmark in the development cycle, and polish it up well enough to be considered stable.

But the next stable build is almost ready. I'm down to only a few small things before it's released, so it may be out as early as this weekend. One of the last things on the list to do may also fix your problem, because currently when an object is created it causes a huge spike in memory usage, you probably don't have enough ram allocated to handle it. :)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

There's really no scheduled for the unstable/rawbuilds. It's usually every time I hit a minor landmark in the development. As for the stable ones, I guess it's the same way. But it's whenever I reach a much larger landmark in the development cycle, and polish it up well enough to be considered stable.

But the next stable build is almost ready. I'm down to only a few small things before it's released, so it may be out as early as this weekend. One of the last things on the list to do may also fix your problem, because currently when an object is created it causes a huge spike in memory usage, you probably don't have enough ram allocated to handle it. :)

Doesn't matter if there isn't was only wondering so all is good! :)

And almost ready? Yay!

Also, Here's a detailed way of what happens, 

After getting enough stone and wood and it is been put into the village center, Everything is fine, Other than a lag spike each time it upgrades. (you have told me why that happens and that is totally understandable) Other than that there was no other problems that i can remember, So pretty much all is okay, so far. 

After then having it fully upgraded, it somehow turns all my builders back into normal people that do nothing... I got confused for a moment, Then i try and add them again, As soon as i click the "+" it crashes, I've tried this a lot times, same outcome. So i thought, Maybe it still thinks there is 30(forgot the number) builders left. So i tried the "-" and yet nothing happens still.

Hope that helps.

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,923 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

And almost ready? Yay!
After getting enough stone and wood and it is been put into the village center, Everything is fine, Other than a lag spike each time it upgrades. (you have told me why that happens and that is totally understandable) Other than that there was no other problems that i can remember, So pretty much all is okay, so far. 

After then having it fully upgraded, it somehow turns all my builders back into normal people that do nothing... I got confused for a moment, Then i try and add them again, As soon as i click the "+" it crashes, I've tried this a lot times, same outcome. So i thought, Maybe it still thinks there is 30(forgot the number) builders left. So i tried the "-" and yet nothing happens still.

Hope that helps.

Ah, that should be resolved already then. I completely changed the way buildings are built since that build (wow, what a funny sentence) :)

Originally when a building completed, in the code it would actually delete the under construction version of the building and replace it with a built version because in the code, they were two different objects. Now they're one object and it simply upgrades the artwork and unlocks the rest of the building features when it's completed.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#5 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

And almost ready? Yay!

Hope that helps.

Ah, that should be resolved already then. I completely changed the way buildings are built since that build (wow, what a funny sentence) :)

Originally when a building completed, in the code it would actually delete the under construction version of the building and replace it with a built version because in the code, they were two different objects. Now they're one object and it simply upgrades the artwork and unlocks the rest of the building features when it's completed.

(Edited. The old one i was in a rush and it had so many typos and stuff)

Okay cool, Not much for me to say now,  Can't think of anything but still the thread is open to any other member to talk cause i've already asked all the questions i needed too!

But thanks anyway for answering. 

#6 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Actually, Just tried the new in dev, It's pretty cool although two thoughts:

I made a mistake by making the biggest housing and it took for ever and i do not know of a delete button for buildings.

And it lags unless i'm in the map mode, It lags quite a bit but not too bad, Say, it was 50, well now it would be around 25-40

I think it's either the clouds or something else. Anyway nice update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users