#1 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

So here's my idea, While i was drawing this thing for my profile picture then realized it looked childish, it's a just art of something in your game then i added my own little thing to it, you'll notice it alright!

5772c469c7.png

Anyway, So the meteor, That's it, Well it after looking at it i've realized that this game should have "Events" Basically when something random but still logically possible to happen in real life happens, For a instance, Rain, Snow, meteors... Wind, And something else like sinkholes(Okay the sinkholes a weird idea...) But anyway, That's only a couple of the things that could happen, Adding many many of these would keep a player happy to carry one and the more content the better, so the more "events" The more people will love it, And maybe even add just one that got almost 0.0001% of happening that does something very cool, Like hmm, i guess a little person that comes to the village, a good guy, a merchant! 

Well anyway thats just my idea, Hope you enjoy laughing at my photo i've made! :P

#2 Bibiki

Bibiki
  • Staff
  • 36 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

And maybe even add just one that got almost 0.0001% of happening that does something very cool, Like hmm, i guess a little person that comes to the village, a good guy, a merchant! 

I don't know that a merchant going to your village would be a very cool thing, but I agree with you ;)

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

So here's my idea, While i was drawing this thing for my profile picture then realized it looked childish, it's a just art of something in your game then i added my own little thing to it, you'll notice it alright!

5772c469c7.png

Anyway, So the meteor, That's it, Well it after looking at it i've realized that this game should have "Events" Basically when something random but still logically possible to happen in real life happens, For a instance, Rain, Snow, meteors... Wind, And something else like sinkholes(Okay the sinkholes a weird idea...) But anyway, That's only a couple of the things that could happen, Adding many many of these would keep a player happy to carry one and the more content the better, so the more "events" The more people will love it, And maybe even add just one that got almost 0.0001% of happening that does something very cool, Like hmm, i guess a little person that comes to the village, a good guy, a merchant! 

Well anyway thats just my idea, Hope you enjoy laughing at my photo i've made! :P

I was actually planning some random events (Although I'm not sure what yet). But it sounds kind of similar to what you're thinking. :)

I can't go to deep into it though since it's just on the drawing board right now, it'll probably be worked on around the same time I add monsters to the game.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

5772c469c7.png

I was actually planning some random events (Although I'm not sure what yet). But it sounds kind of similar to what you're thinking. :)

I can't go to deep into it though since it's just on the drawing board right now, it'll probably be worked on around the same time I add monsters to the game.

Ah yes, Good to know you had the same idea, because i would love to have events or whatever you'd like to call it. Oh and the monsters, I'm still wondering, but what do you have in mind for a "monster" ? 

And maybe even add just one that got almost 0.0001% of happening that does something very cool, Like hmm, i guess a little person that comes to the village, a good guy, a merchant! 

I don't know that a merchant going to your village would be a very cool thing, but I agree with you ;)

Hmm, Well it was only a example but like a merchant, Doesn't do anything just walks around but if you interact with him, you could like trade, Hmm not sure but like crystals or wood with him for exchange for other things, Like things you can't get in the game by other means, but that was only a example, I'm just going to talky mode now >.<

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Ah yes, Good to know you had the same idea, because i would love to have events or whatever you'd like to call it. Oh and the monsters, I'm still wondering, but what do you have in mind for a "monster" ? 

Actually that's one of the more strange things about RPC, the monsters won't follow any set theme or convention you'd expect from a game like this. As the game progresses the monsters will get more and more wacky and strange.

For example, at first you may deal with very common every-day monsters, like slimes, zombies, skeletons, large rats, and kobolds. As you advance in the game some stranger monsters will start popping up like pirates, bigfoot, snowmen. Eventually, really far down the road (in levels of the game almost no one would even survive long enough to see) you'll start seeing completely off the wall monsters, like Trekkies, Code Monkeys, and other fun hat-tips to other games, like Creepers.

That same concept will also be seen in the maps as well, early maps will be very commonly accepted themes like forests, deserts, jungles but far, far down the road you'll find yourself playing in off the wall places like "Candyland" and "On the Moon". :)

The idea is everything in the game is fairly normal at first, and keeps getting more and more ridiculous. It's all part of the little mix of both serious-and-fun gameplay I'm trying to blend together.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#6 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Actually that's one of the more strange things about RPC, the monsters won't follow any set theme or convention you'd expect from a game like this. As the game progresses the monsters will get more and more wacky and strange.

For example, at first you may deal with very common every-day monsters, like slimes, zombies, skeletons, large rats, and kobolds. As you advance in the game some stranger monsters will start popping up like pirates, bigfoot, snowmen. Eventually, really far down the road (in levels of the game almost no one would even survive long enough to see) you'll start seeing completely off the wall monsters, like Trekkies, Code Monkeys, and other fun hat-tips to other games, like Creepers.

That same concept will also be seen in the maps as well, early maps will be very commonly accepted themes like forests, deserts, jungles but far, far down the road you'll find yourself playing in off the wall places like "Candyland" and "On the Moon". :)

The idea is everything in the game is fairly normal at first, and keeps getting more and more ridiculous. It's all part of the little mix of both serious-and-fun gameplay I'm trying to blend together.

All that seems a very good idea, i like the idea of all of them but creepers might get you some unwanted attention(just a tip, happened to a lot of games you know.)

And i feel like making a map test on the moon in the editor now why you do this... Well actually now i have something to mess around with all night. 

And how are you gonna make a slime without getting more unwanted attention form terraira fans? Slimes  are pretty damn simple... its just a squish ball   :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users