Repair System
3 replies to this topic - Started By KyoShinda, Nov 08 2014 10:26 AM

#1 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

I think it would be pretty neat if, whenever a building is to be destroyed by monsters, that it became rubble and your builders (or maybe a repair station) would fix it up again instead of the structure disappearing and you having to go to the menu and place down the building again (you might also forget where it was too).

It'd also look great for a screenshot of devastation like, "Hey look, half my city is rubble and I'm fighting off the rest of the monsters to the death!"

I guess it could be to where the more it's destroyed, the less workers you can assign to said building and it takes a small amount of resources to repair (similar to an abandoned building).

#2 holloway

holloway
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

I really like that idea.

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

I really like this idea, it could also be used to allow (force?) you to dismantle completely obliterated/unrepairable buildings to clear the way for new structures. Could add an interesting element to the game. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 Spronk

Spronk
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

I like this idea, too. Maybe even make the building damage scale until it's broken. So a farm's production would be reduced as a function of damage - eventually reaching zero production when fully damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users