Building Selection
10 replies to this topic - Started By KyoShinda, Nov 01 2014 01:32 PM

#1 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

It would be cool if you clicked on a, let's say farm, and pressed Q and E to cycle through all the farms. It would help situations where people are randomly dying and you have to re-assign them to the buildings.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Actually I was planning something similar, I was going to add a second dropdown (like the villager population list), but instead it would be your buildings. On the side would be a worker tab you can hit the + and - on directly and add/remove people without having to go to the building.

Was also going to make it where you click on the building name and it'll center on it.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

That's actually easier to use than what I was thinking of, kudos! :)

#4 holloway

holloway
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

Was also going to make it where you click on the building name and it'll center on it.

It would also be cool if you could do that with villager names.  But not only center, also select the unit.

#5 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Just to add to it, it would be convenient if there was a set-all number you could adjust for the building set and it would assign as many as it can up to that number for them.

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

Right click the + and - button. :D

Rise to Ruins Developer

#7 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

Right click the + and - button. :D

I use that one, I mean like a master number setter for several buildings and, let's say you set it to 3, all the buildings try to assign up to 3 workers.

#8 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

I use that one, I mean like a master number setter for several buildings and, let's say you set it to 3, all the buildings try to assign up to 3 workers.

Ah, you mean like assigning all the villagers not working to completely fill all the buildings of that type that have space?

IE: Assign workers to all lumber mills, dumping the 40 unassigned workers across 3 or 4 lumber mills?

I may be able to do that down the line, that's a bit more complicated though. But I don't see why I couldn't do it eventually.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#9 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

Ah, you mean like assigning all the villagers not working to completely fill all the buildings of that type that have space?

IE: Assign workers to all lumber mills, dumping the 40 unassigned workers across 3 or 4 lumber mills?

I may be able to do that down the line, that's a bit more complicated though. But I don't see why I couldn't do it eventually.

I'm bad at explaining xD

I guess that could be a thing too but I mean like let's say I had 3 ppl to every farm but my food situation was stabilized and I wasn't worried about farmers dying anymore and I set all farms to 1 farmer afterward, I would set the global farm worker number down 2 basically.

I mentioned the 'as many as it can' because you can only raise the global number as high as free workers that can fill in (if you make it go up that is).

#10 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

Like clicking "+1" or "-1" workers on every single building all at the same time?

Believe it or not, that's actually easier to code than what I originally though you meant. :P

Rise to Ruins Developer

#11 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Like clicking "+1" or "-1" workers on every single building all at the same time?

Believe it or not, that's actually easier to code than what I originally though you meant. :P

That's very convenient :)  Huzzahh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users