#1 Murdoch

Murdoch
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:CommodoreErickson
  • LocationAZ

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

I read the Suggestions Compilation, and did not see these ideas..

User Interface.

A way to see how many days have passed. As we are supposed to die, it would nice to know how long we lasted this time.

User Interface

The Sun picture under the clock, should show day and night if not a few other times. When you start out the night gets dark and you can tell to have your workers slow down for the night. Once you have a village bigger than your screen its a bit harder to tell night and day.

User interface

Population Pull Down.

Maybe a way to resort your data, show all kids, show unmarried people, show happy and sad, show working, homeless, etc. I find a list of there names less then useful, charts showing this vs that would be more useful.

User Interface

Settings menu, allow me to set sounds and music at different level. This game is a long game to play, I need to be able to drop to background sound while still keeping other computer sounds up. (I know there are some others that listed toggle sound on and off, but I would like important sounds, background sounds, and music in there own sliders.)

#2 zblu64

zblu64
  • Staff
  • 104 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:zblu64
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Murdoch, thanks for the input!  Ray is planning on adding in end game stats, more villager info and more controls, like the much wanted sound controls. :-)  I'm not sure about the controls for slowing down the workers at night.  Ray will have to field that one.

You can't get there from here

#3 KyoShinda

KyoShinda
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

Just to add to the day and night thing, it would also be nice if the completely zoomed out map turned dark along with periods of time.

#4 Murdoch

Murdoch
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationAZ

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Murdoch, thanks for the input!  Ray is planning on adding in end game stats, more villager info and more controls, like the much wanted sound controls. :-)  I'm not sure about the controls for slowing down the workers at night.  Ray will have to field that one.

What I mean by slowing them down, is at night I like to stop giving them tasks, so that they are not so sad, that they kill themselves. So I use the night cycle as a rest and go forth and socialize with your fellow villagers period.

The way I play currently is to give a project in the morning and try to have it completed before dark, then pull back and remaining logging and mining commands so they do not work through the night. (thus slow them down, farmers still work through the night...)

So this is not a feature of the game, but of my project management, however when my village fills the screen, I sometimes lose track of day and night time... So seeing the sun go away and a moon or stars would be aesthetically nice.

Since there is no danger of monsters I will work on other things and lose track of time.

Last village was up over 400 villagers, had 412 bunks in houses, and 16 farms trying to feed them all.

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

User Interface.
A way to see how many days have passed. As we are supposed to die, it would nice to know how long we lasted this time.

Planned already, you'll be seeing it around the time I get monsters and "increasing difficulty" in.

User Interface
The Sun picture under the clock, should show day and night if not a few other times. When you start out the night gets dark and you can tell to have your workers slow down for the night. Once you have a village bigger than your screen its a bit harder to tell night and day.

Coming with the above update.

User interface
Population Pull Down.
Maybe a way to resort your data, show all kids, show unmarried people, show happy and sad, show working, homeless, etc. I find a list of there names less then useful, charts showing this vs that would be more useful.

Maybe someday when I start polishing the GUI. The GUI is pretty much a perpetual WIP right now.

User Interface
Settings menu, allow me to set sounds and music at different level. This game is a long game to play, I need to be able to drop to background sound while still keeping other computer sounds up. (I know there are some others that listed toggle sound on and off, but I would like important sounds, background sounds, and music in there own sliders.)

Also planned ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#6 Murdoch

Murdoch
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationAZ

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

Thanks Ray, seems like you were heading in that direction anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users