Roads, Domesticated Animals, Rotate buildings
3 replies to this topic - Started By jaybee3, Oct 27 2014 04:27 PM

#1 jaybee3

jaybee3
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

I saw a suggestion about the worn dirt on heavily used paths, however why not use stone to build roads? (Speed increase or less energy drain?)

From this, and since I had a starting locations a million miles away from stone. Could we have animals to domesticate? Such as for pulling carts (more resources at once), or for a different farming mechanic (as we need to get crops to plant in the farms)?

Also I may have missed it but can we rotate buildings?

jaybee3.png

#2 Bibiki

Bibiki
  • Staff
  • 36 posts
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

I agree with you in that 3 suggestions, I just wish Ray could take care of them ;)

#3 zblu64

zblu64
  • Staff
  • 104 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:zblu64
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

I think the warn dirt paths has to do with an indication of where the villagers AI likes to travel, kind of like how paths are formed in the woods from animals/people using the same route over and over.  Even without it paved it makes it easier to travel.  I kind of like the idea of the AI making its own paths rather than me necessarily having to tell them where to put the paths like in Banished.  It may be cool to let them place down more permanent paths/roads as they find a popular path, and even after time abandoned paths break down and fade away.   He could of course make it a combination of AI paths and player designated paths, but letting the villager AI still kind of pick it's own path if it wants a better route.  This would be like you sometimes see in places like university campuses where students "wear down" their own better paths in the grass or snow rather than use the actual built paths.  (Ray's probably cursing me right now for trying to make his AI *even* more complicated.) 

I think the animals idea has been mentioned already, but I don't think the building rotation has.  Also both great ideas!

You can't get there from here

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Warn paths:

Planned, actually you might be seeing them somewhat soon. It's not actually that hard to code, I just have not gotten to it yet. ;)

Animals:

Wild Animals are planned, domesticated ones are sitting in my "maybe someday" pile. I'd love to see guard dogs, chickens, etc.

Rotating building:

Another "Maybe someday" pile item. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users