Full Map Screenshot
2 replies to this topic - Started By Ultimate Jesus , Jan 17 2021 09:55 AM

#1 Ultimate Jesus

Ultimate Jesus
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

A few times while I've been scanning through various websites and across the web for advice and details on Rise To Ruins I've seen screenshots that appear to have the entirety of a map in view, allowing one to see every individual tile, right down to the trash - which is awesome, but I don't seem to be able to reproduce this in any way. I cannot scroll that far out, nor can I see the same kind of details on the minimap even when enlarged, and I don't seem to be able to find any button or option that allows for such a view.

If I am missing something then...well, point it out, maybe laugh a little, but the reason I was asking was so I could document my major settlements before they crumple into ruins. I have to admit that I am somewhat proud of them, even if I am being a wuss and currently playing on Traditional, although I'm enjoying myself that much that I might well try to finish it on Traditional first.

Also, I see a lot of people around are saying the forum is dead, or dying. Kinda looks like it - but it'll only cease to be if we let it, and if we can try to keep some activity stirring, maybe things will pick back up again? Rise To Ruins is the kind of game that can massively benefit from an active forum, so it surprises me to see the only post in the last month is a complaint about...Doggo sounds. 

I do not attempt to play God - rather,  I perform my work in accordance with his will.

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 127 posts
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:02 PM

Shift+F2 for full map screenshot, it'll go into game install folder, screenshots folder.

This forum is old, outdated, and really just waiting for Ray to get around to shutting it down, unless he decides to update it instead. Vast majority of activity is on the steam forums and the discord server.

#3 Ultimate Jesus

Ultimate Jesus
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:06 PM

All I had to do was press Shift when I took a screenshot? Figures. Thanks for telling me!

Well, we'll see, I suppose. Given the difference in activity between here and the Discord, it might not be surprising if that became the hub for the community.

I do not attempt to play God - rather,  I perform my work in accordance with his will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users