#1 Twinsen1972

Twinsen1972
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationSalou-Spain

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:18 PM

Hello everyone:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I don't quite undestand some custom sections and the in-game explanations are driving me crazy... 

First of all... In a "1 in X" option or rate number, as far as I know, means 1 in x posibilities... so 1 in 100 means "almost never will happen" so its 1% possibility... and 1 in 1 means 100% "it always wil happen in every posibility"...

Secondly... a multiplier its always a multipliyer... bigger multiplier will never-ever give you a smaller result than a smaller multiplier with the same base system...

So... in the case of corruption base spawn ratio and multplier... and so on... 

How is it that biger number will give you more monsters?? and a smaller multiplier bigger chances??? Something is reaaally frying my reasonings here...  :huh:

a 1 in 1 rate will "always" spawn in every posibility (/per tick, /per second, per loading/ per day... you name it, that doesn't matter at all)... if its 1 in 1000 that means a 0.1% (almost never!) 

so... when it says higher number - higher the monsters (something's wrong here, you see it, don't you?... does it mean -higher X- (cause that's ilogical!) or higher "rate" (minor "X")?

That's why I'm asking... could the config system be rigth and the explanation wrong (unprecise...)? or is the explanation right and the config system fully upside-down (less probable...)?

In those options, the option "none" or "never" should be besides the lower rate and not the higher because that can cause confusion... (being "1 in 1" the higger, "1 in X" lowering the rate progressively as you rise "X", and "none" when the rate is so ridiculous ( "X" so high ) that is better to swich it off directly...)

Resume: 1 in 1 x 10 (1000%) can never-ever be less than 1 in 1000 x 0.25... (0.00025%)

Am I rigth? am I wrong? yes? no? maybe?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the place to post this isn't the apropriate (also for my english "Orto/Gram" faults...  :unsure: )

Best wishes and regards,

Twinsen1972

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 127 posts
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:51 AM

Best bet for figuring out the custom setup is to compare the presets. If a tooltip is giving info that doesn't line up right, let us know so Ray can fix it, might've been missed when things got changed.

Also, best places to ask about things are the steam forums or the official discord server, this forum is pretty much dead, just waiting for Ray to get around to shutting it down.

#3 Twinsen1972

Twinsen1972
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationSalou-Spain

Posted 17 December 2020 - 09:50 AM

Hello!
Thanks a lot for the fast response! Sorry to hear from this forum's future. Anyway, will follow your advice and move this enquiry to steam. I aldo did your recomendation and you are rigth (checking settings from diferent difficulties) and the answer was there. So minor rate of corruption/monster spawn gives more corruption/spawn, opposite it should be (in my opinion), unless I didn't understand the parameter/explanation.

Thank again.

Best regards

Twinsen1972

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users