Just Bought Game, Pause Breaks the UI
2 replies to this topic - Started By gchristopher, Dec 07 2019 02:58 PM

#1 gchristopher

gchristopher
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:58 PM

Hi! I just bought the game and am trying to get started, looking around the map, figure out controls, clicking on things to see options, mess it all up and start over, the usual. 

However, when you pause, it appears that the UI completely locks up and you can't interact with the game at all. Frustrated, I exited out to look for more settings options. It doesn't look like "save and exit" actually saved anything when all I'd done was try to get the UI to work while paused. 

That's pretty fundamental. Am I missing some setting in an init file somewhere or something? 

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 105 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

Pausing is meant to turn off most of the UI and prevent you from interacting with the world.

What did you do to try to get the UI to work while paused?

#3 gchristopher

gchristopher
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:50 PM

Okay, if that's intentional, that you can't interact with the game world, and can't even scroll and look around, that's definitely not what I expected when buying a game in this genre. There's no way you can make a game like this scale and stay fun if you have to race the simulator to issue commands in a speed-clicking battle vs the interface. That's simply not how pausing should work. I'll uninstall and request a Steam refund. 

I'm sure there are plenty of players that disagree, but I definitely would not have bought and tried the game knowing that. It's too bad, this seems like a great game idea otherwise. Best of luck with it in the future!

Thank you for the very quick and informative response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users