Goals as a narrative objective
1 reply to this topic - Started By Nofomo, Nov 26 2019 03:18 PM

#1 Nofomo

Nofomo
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

I like this game but to me it feels like it’s missing something. The goals are great but are not quite satisfying. I’d like a backstory and objectives to reach that furthers tech/skill/spell trees.

For example, after surviving one year in an area we get access to more spells. Surviving in 2 or more areas you get more and what not. Or perhaps have bosses that drop loot when multiple areas have survived for a year. Like a special sword that deals more damage.

It would be much satisfying having an overt objective. The mechanics, skill/tech trees are great. Yet I’d like to read that we are nomads fleeing a corrupted world for a new one trying to save it before it is consumed by corruption. Each year survived in a new area releases a small portion of the story until all areas have survived a year and we get a congratulations message on “winning.”

Knowing that I’m progressing and heading down the right path is important to me.

#2 jamesyoung79

jamesyoung79
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

I second this! I think its a great idea. I don't think it would be that hard to implement using existing stuff. A couple of ideas expanding on it.

Having corruption boss on the last day of winter at the end of each year. The bosses could simply be a tougher version of existing monsters possibly recolored, would be nice but not necessary. Defeating the boss the first time could award a global perk like from the chests on the world map. Some of the rewards could be small global bonuses like with the existing ones and others could possibly reward new spells or buildings. On the spells and buildings ideas perhaps some of the existing ones can be gated behind these as well as some new ones.

The new buildings could be simple reworks of addition ones.

• Labor golem combobulator
  • Arcane golem (possibly same a wood but magic damage)
  • Drain tower: Draws essence out of living creatures that pass by in range damaging them slightly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Goals, story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users