#1 Darkfallen

Darkfallen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

Hi! 
Really love the game you've made! 

I was wondering if you could help me out a little.
I've reached max building cap, built and upgraded all Ancillaries, but wish to keep expanding my village.

Is there a way to Increase the cap?
I would like to build more Ancillaries, so that i'd still have to "work for it", like it is already. 

The amount of Ancillaries I can build depends on how many upgrades the main building has.

if I could make it so, that the last camp upgrade gave me infinite Ancillary slots

Will it be too complicated for me to edit game files in order for this to happen?

What do you suggest?

Kind regards Erik

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 100 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

If you really must have more than the 300 slots that is the current cap, best bet is actually to shift save to sandbox mode and give yourself extra village centers, otherwise you'd have to decompile some game code, tweak it, and recompile it.

All save data is in game install location, profiles folder. Region saves will be further down, profiles\profile0\saves\worldMap\WorldMaps. Profile0 if you used the top profile slot. You can switch a save difficulty by renaming the zip file to the desired difficulty. Making a backup is recommended in case you manage to break something, fairly easy to do when mucking with the saves, or doing stuff with sandbox mode.

#3 Darkfallen

Darkfallen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for replying! 

When I open the save location  profile0/saves/worldmap/worldmaps/SurvivalIsland
There are 13 Zip files

Custom-193 to 200

Survival-1 to 2

Traditional-1 to 3

Tried renaming all 13 Zips to  Sandbox-1 to 13.

Started RTR from steam, but before the game launched, I saw the old save files popping back into the folder, making it 26 zips.

While in game, nothing had changed. same settings.

#4 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 100 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

You really only need to rename the highest numbered save, the rest are backups. After renaming you need to switch the world map to the chosen difficulty, each difficulty keeps separate saves. Once done with sandbox mode tweaks, you can exit out, rename the new sandbox save, and go back to your original difficulty.

#5 iloveyouhouston

iloveyouhouston
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

I wish there was an ingame option for this and unlimited perks so after a long amount of gameplay time I could enjoy smashing down on the nightmare maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users