My list of suggestions
19 replies to this topic - Started By Darkflashz, Oct 26 2014 09:45 AM

#1 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

I have a list of suggestion hopefully this will be added (or parts of it or anything tbh)

1) anything around the sea.

from fishing to boats to trading with other citys in the other side of the place. or what ever

adding anything around hat would be nice

Or maybe sea enemys with combat there?

2) Caves, caves are great who doesnt love them

Why not have a layer of underground to get resources like iron to make armor/tools etc

Or even dungeon layer?

that would be fun

3)Maybe later in the game where maps are huge (bigger then current demo)

a possible Multiplayer? or a 1v1. matches where you build to fight others? 

or coop?

Or even fighting AI towns?

that would be so much fun

4)Hero guy, like the others its pretty generic but since this is part of a small Rpg sub genre it would fit nicely like a Miner hero who makes people near rock mine faster?

or a captain hero.

Love bird to make villager populate faster. etc etc. would be nice

5) diseases, Like a small chance when cutting wood you be poised by Ivy or a poison snake/spider and spread diseases

and need to make curing station or anything alike to try and cure the problem

or having a shaman/priest to heal the disease

6) I dont know if this is planned but why not a Random Texture generator for structure?

For example a house will have a few textures. and not the same one over and over ( i know it takes time to make one)

7) Random disasters, since there is water then if the water segment is a big area it might cause a tsunami, or if there is a large mountain there is a avalanche chance, Earthquake,

Or even sand storm if its mostly in a desert area.

8) Thats more a small fun suggestion (each holiday a themed map / mob or addition? like Halloween will have in lighting jack o lantern?)

9)An option to have a lower layer since in the creator you can only make up to 3 layers why not 2 more that goes down? i have a great idea of making a valley themed map. it would be nice to have that addition :)

10) thats more of a question if this will be added if not that would be nice:

Weather system If you near sand / middle of a sand area its too hard and the villager will slowly die from hydration or near lava, and they can drink water if they have food,

Same with Snow (if it will be added) but just freezing and if they have cloths (warm one by killing animals and getting leather to make cloths to stay warm or use torches / houses etc etc

11) the ability to Re grown a forest or a "make" a new one. like a gifted villager getting the knowledge on how to plant and take care of trees so he can make a forest (custom or only where a forest was)

thats all for now.. i might have more so if you like my ideas please click the small arrow :D

and if you have anything to say then do so.. ITS FREE :D

#2 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

You should really check the suggestions compilation before posting :P Not saying it's that bad you didn't and it doesn't say you need to(Maybe rename it to read before sort of thing) Anyway, heroes? Well there is already "Gifted villagers" And you can have one named by you if you donate 10 or more on kickstarter :)

Multiplayer and deases have been suggested before, look at the suggestions thread(not section, it's pinned at the top.) And see what it says their status is :)

Around the sea is a nice idea i suppose, like some sea music *cough* bibiki? ;) *cough* But then again the other things like crabs at combat around there should be optional, Imagine making just a small little lake and then you die from crabs, doesn't make sence, Or maybe just a good spawning system with requirements. 

I feel like caves could be done but that up to ray. It would be cool though.

#3 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

You should really check the suggestions compilation before posting :P Not saying it's that bad you didn't and it doesn't say you need to(Maybe rename it to read before sort of thing) Anyway, heroes? Well there is already "Gifted villagers" And you can have one named by you if you donate 10 or more on kickstarter :)

Multiplayer and deases have been suggested before, look at the suggestions thread(not section, it's pinned at the top.) And see what it says their status is :)

Around the sea is a nice idea i suppose, like some sea music *cough* bibiki? ;) *cough* But then again the other things like crabs at combat around there should be optional, Imagine making just a small little lake and then you die from crabs, doesn't make sence, Or maybe just a good spawning system with requirements. 

I feel like caves could be done but that up to ray. It would be cool though.

Im not much for checking.. i like to suggest.. what comes in my mine straight away with out reading i know it can make spam thread with some people.. but I like o express my opinion.. since i might add more ideas to this list..

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

1) anything around the sea.
from fishing to boats to trading with other citys in the other side of the place. or what ever
adding anything around hat would be nice
Or maybe sea enemys with combat there?

Thats on the maybe pile already. :)

2) Caves, caves are great who doesnt love them
Why not have a layer of underground to get resources like iron to make armor/tools etc
Or even dungeon layer?
that would be fun

That's a "no", it's beyond the scope of the engine's capabilities without a massive fundamental overhaul. :/

3)Maybe later in the game where maps are huge (bigger then current demo)
a possible Multiplayer? or a 1v1. matches where you build to fight others?
or coop?
Or even fighting AI towns?
that would be so much fun

I've been thinking about it. Problem is bigger maps means massively more resources while the game is running, increased load times and memory usage skyrockets. Not to mention it already takes 3-4 days for me to draw a high quality 512x512 map, a 1024x1024 map would take 4 times as long.

Believe it or not, The Quiet Forest and WIP1, 2 and 3 all started as one big 1024x1024 map. But the more I played around with it I realized a map that size is just unwieldy to work with. But who knows, as the code improves I may consider bringing it back.

4)Hero guy, like the others its pretty generic but since this is part of a small Rpg sub genre it would fit nicely like a Miner hero who makes people near rock mine faster?
or a captain hero.
Love bird to make villager populate faster. etc etc. would be nice

Already planned in the way of "Gifted Villagers". Although the details how they'll work out are not set in stone. :)

5) diseases, Like a small chance when cutting wood you be poised by Ivy or a poison snake/spider and spread diseases

and need to make curing station or anything alike to try and cure the problem

or having a shaman/priest to heal the disease

Cool ideas, I'll toss them on the maybe pile with everything else. :)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#5 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

thank you for the replay. I will come with new ideas in time. so you might want to check after a day or 2 :) or even in 1 hour if i changed my post since i can have a burst of inspiration. like every person in the world :D

#6 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Im not much for checking.. i like to suggest.. what comes in my mine straight away with out reading i know it can make spam thread with some people.. but I like o express my opinion.. since i might add more ideas to this list..

I guess that's fair enough.

#7 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

I guess that's fair enough.

I did also add 6 more suggetions :D

#8 zblu64

zblu64
  • Staff
  • 104 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:zblu64
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

It may not be a great idea to just add/edit the previous post since it makes it harder to follow and keep track if you've added anything :)

You can't get there from here

#9 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

It may not be a great idea to just add/edit the previous post since it makes it harder to follow and keep track if you've added anything :)

you can follow the topic. it might help?

I will try to bump the thread if i add stuff.

only if its ok

#10 zblu64

zblu64
  • Staff
  • 104 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:zblu64
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

I know, but it gets difficult to keep track of *everything* on the forums after a while. ;-)

You can't get there from here

#11 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

I know, but it gets difficult to keep track of *everything* on the forums after a while. ;-)

since its still in VERY early development its a good idea to start suggesting now..

also i dont want to make a new thread/suggestion in the suggestion thread each thing i have a new one. it feels like spam so i like to keep 1 thread for all ideas

#12 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

you can follow the topic. it might help?
I will try to bump the thread if i add stuff.
only if its ok

Well, for normal users it's fine. But to get the attention of people like me and the mods you'd have to make a new reply. We make it a point to read basically everything it's a natural side effect we start ignoring threads that do not have new replies. So we'd never see your edits. :/
Rise to Ruins Developer

#13 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

Well, for normal users it's fine. But to get the attention of people like me and the mods you'd have to make a new reply. We make it a point to read basically everything it's a natural side effect we start ignoring threads that do not have new replies. So we'd never see your edits. :/

So what can i do to get your attention?

#14 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

So what can i do to get your attention?

Reply button. ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#15 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Reply button. ;)

alright! thats good. I would like your idea on my new suggestions! :D

#16 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

6) I dont know if this is planned but why not a Random Texture generator for structure?

For example a house will have a few textures. and not the same one over and over ( i know it takes time to make one)

Way too complicated to put into the game. :)

7) Random disasters, since there is water then if the water segment is a big area it might cause a tsunami, or if there is a large mountain there is a avalanche chance, Earthquake,

Or even sand storm if its mostly in a desert area.

Disasters are already on the maybe pile, but they're way back in the back of the pile right now.

8) Thats more a small fun suggestion (each holiday a themed map / mob or addition? like Halloween will have in lighting jack o lantern?)

Already planned. But you might not see those theme maps until next year. I doubt I'll be that far into the development by the this holiday season. ;)

9)An option to have a lower layer since in the creator you can only make up to 3 layers why not 2 more that goes down? i have a great idea of making a valley themed map. it would be nice to have that addition :)

Like the caves/dungeons, that would require a fundamental change to the entire game engine. Also, keep in mind in the "RPC universe" the maps exist as actual "maps" floating in space. So digging down basically means opening a hole into space. :)

10) thats more of a question if this will be added if not that would be nice:

Weather system If you near sand / middle of a sand area its too hard and the villager will slowly die from hydration or near lava, and they can drink water if they have food,

Same with Snow (if it will be added) but just freezing and if they have cloths (warm one by killing animals and getting leather to make cloths to stay warm or use torches / houses etc etc

I'm considering a heatmap system that will go along with the weather/seasons system. But it's really a rough draft on the drawing board, it'll be a long time before you see it. But stay tuned. Something similar is planned already.

11) the ability to Re grown a forest or a "make" a new one. like a gifted villager getting the knowledge on how to plant and take care of trees so he can make a forest (custom or only where a forest was)

That's sort of kinda of planned. There will be more complicated AI added in the future that can do some basic reforestation, and some tile AI that may naturally grow on it's on. But like my response to 10, it's very rough on the drawing board right now and I can't make any solid promises. ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#17 Darkflashz

Darkflashz
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Way too complicated to put into the game. :)

Disasters are already on the maybe pile, but they're way back in the back of the pile right now.

Already planned. But you might not see those theme maps until next year. I doubt I'll be that far into the development by the this holiday season. ;)

Like the caves/dungeons, that would require a fundamental change to the entire game engine. Also, keep in mind in the "RPC universe" the maps exist as actual "maps" floating in space. So digging down basically means opening a hole into space. :)

I'm considering a heatmap system that will go along with the weather/seasons system. But it's really a rough draft on the drawing board, it'll be a long time before you see it. But stay tuned. Something similar is planned already.

That's sort of kinda of planned. There will be more complicated AI added in the future that can do some basic reforestation, and some tile AI that may naturally grow on it's on. But like my response to 10, it's very rough on the drawing board right now and I can't make any solid promises. ;)

Alright!

thank you for the Respond! :D

Its good to know what will come and what not.

so i can suggest idea revolving around the thing that will come :)

#18 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

Wouldn't it be more helpful if you got more mods? Anymore of them friends from SixtyGig the server?

#19 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,924 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

Wouldn't it be more helpful if you got more mods? Anymore of them friends from SixtyGig the server?

I already have one more inbound, but she's a bit busy with real life at the moment. ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#20 Stacy

Stacy
  • Staff
  • 52 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

I already have one more inbound, but she's a bit busy with real life at the moment. ;)

Real life is overrated. Tell her to give up and join us.

stacyr.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users