Don't worry though, fishing is still planned. It'll likely happen after Rise to Ruins releases in the many free content patches you guys will get post launch.
Rise to Ruins development will not end when the game leaves Early Access in October.
So be sure to keep posting your suggestions and opinions! I will be supporting the game and continuing on with additional 100% free content patches well after Rise to Ruins has left Early Access. ːrtrheartː
You guys have been amazing over the years, and I thank you for all your support on discord and twitter! This has been an amazing experience, and I have you guys to thank for it!
I encourage you to post your nitpicky tweaks/gripes/suggestions below! Now that the game is moving into its home stretch to launch, all future patches will have a heavy focus on fixing/polishing "the little things" as I go. So now is the time to complain about all those "little things" that bug you, no matter how small!
InDev 34 Revised Road Map
- Guards will be completely redesigned into a new Ranger job This new job class will combine the functions of the new rangers and the function of guards into a single job. During the day time, they will hunt animals out in the wilderness, and during night they will defend the village.
- The current outposts and barracks will be re-purposed and the barracks renamed to a ranger's station. Functionally they will remain fairly similar. This is a rename/reskin of the building to make it suitably themed with the new hunter job.
- 4 new animals will be added to the game, to be hunted. The Beefalo, The Entler, the Rous and The Clucker. They will spawn on uncorrupted land in and outside the village.
- To complement the new hunting systems, new complex foods will be added. The kitchen will be able to combine multiple combinations of foods into more complex and nutrient rich dishes.
- A new farm type will be added to house captured animals, to be slaughtered, bred or farmed as needed.
- The kitchen will now be able to slaughter animals for meats and byproducts like raw leather and feathers.
- The toolsmiths and armorsmiths will now be able to make wooden and leather tools, weapons and equipment.
- Due to
rioting with pitchforkspopular demand, the corruption mechanics will be altered, allowing you to completely annihilate the corruption in a region if you're skilled enough. (But it won't be easy!)
- Monster spawn rate will be slightly re-balanced, opting to spawn higher level monsters rather than higher amounts of monsters. Although spawn counts will still increase, just at a lower rate.
- A nightly spawn cap will be reintroduced (Similar to InDev 32's mechanics), but instead, when the nightly spawn cap is reached the game will start to greatly increase monster levels.
- Resources will now take twice as long (and some, 3 times as long) to decay into trash.
- Less trash is generated overall.
- A new harvest/refine to storage limits setting will be added to the production panel, allowing your workers to only generate more resources when there is a place to store them in the village.
- The entire resource storage system will be redesigned to store specific amounts of specific resources rather than totals of all resources. For example, the lumber mill will no longer store 36 wood or boards in total, rather it can store 12 boards and 24 wood.
- Due to the above changes, many buildings will get their storage heavily buffed or nerfed accordingly.
- The object/building data will be completely overhauled, reducing overall memory usage, and decreasing save and load times.
- All building perks will now be retroactive.
- Tons of miscellaneous AI and balance improvements.