Second village too easy?
3 replies to this topic - Started By kori0129, Jul 22 2019 03:09 AM

#1 kori0129

kori0129
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:09 AM

After my first village becoming a goal farm, I decided to start anew. I thought 15 migrated villagers with a few dozens of materials and some tools should be enough to start in what seemed like a harder area (from the forests of Springland to the desert of Sandy South).

Well, I was right, it was enough... and infinitely more. Turns out having high level villagers from the start with all the global god bonuses and learning from the mistakes of my first village snowballs to ridiculous levels:

• By the end of day 2, I had Crylythium factories.
  • By the end of day 4, I had full defenses with multiple golem combulators, elemental bolt towers, ballistas, and walls
  • By the end of day 8, I finished the "Wall of Fire Pits" to separate my area from what I intended to give to the corruption (I usually give half the map to them)
  • By the end of day 12 (mid summer), I had enough water and food that I was ready for winter
  • By the end of day 16, Sandy South's population reached Springland's pre-migration, meaning I'm ready to migrate again.

I never lost a villager to anything preventable (1 died to childbirth), I never had a monster breach my defenses (outside of a few trashy slimes). I stopped microing about at day 6 and just played with 3x speed, because there is barely anything to do outside of upgrades.

I'm wondering if we could have something similar to XCOM Long War's "Alien Research", where over time, the aliens/corruption start owning certain global areas and tries to do missions in others, increasing their local influence and also their global power, the gain of which you can mitigate (but never truly stop), by working in the areas they are trying to work in, or even reclaiming their "bases". This global enemy power then adds stats to the enemy units: hp, damage, aim, and at certain "breakpoints" even new abilities. Since the game is village and not missions based, maybe only apply the increase of "Corruption Research" to newly founded areas?

I understand that there was something similar called a "Global Corruption Power", but it was removed because it was too easy to abuse. I wonder if a better version of it could be reintroduced in the form of an AI macro "civilization" that you fight against on the world map, similar to what I described above.

#2 supermash

supermash
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

hello , this is the suggestion area . if you want discuss about a mecanic or something like that you have disccussion area about that 

#3 kori0129

kori0129
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:06 PM

hello , this is the suggestion area . if you want discuss about a mecanic or something like that you have disccussion area about that 

I'm confused, I thought I made a post in the General Discussion sub forum. I either misclicked or my post got moved. Either way, half of my post is actually a detailed suggestion as a solution for the problem I described so I guess it kind of works both ways.

#4 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 78 posts
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

I moved the thread after reading it and seeing how much of it was suggestion material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users