Did I Break The Game?
1 reply to this topic - Started By Sterling, Jul 11 2019 12:37 AM

#1 Sterling

Sterling
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:37 AM

So I purchased this game on steam and instantly fell in a love. Had a quick try out session (obviously with tips disabled) got the idea of what to do, died on day 1 clicked reset. So first proper game, I have a walled off settlement (i.e. little maze) with a bow tower and a supply chain to feed it ammunition. I also had barracks built but I never had to use it as I encountered a small problem: no monster could get through. By the end of day two I had two bullet towers with their respective supply chain by my little maze also. again, monsters did not even come close to breaking through. This trend continued as I upgraded all the towers to hell and build a ballista. so much so that I almost forgot it was a survival game and starting playing it like a city builder haha. By day 10 or so of no real challenge whatsoever, I had an idea. to spice things up, lets try and take the fight to them. I built several large lights to ward off the corruption and built up 4 fully upgraded golem spawny things. As you can imagine, my 24-golem-strong army under artillery cover of fully upgraded ballistas had no problem beating back all the graveyards. I stayed up all night and got to day 20 where the corruption is pretty much all but gone from the map and virtually no threat at all. Not bad for a first try, I thought, but surely that's not what I am supposed to do? 

As you can see below, I had what I think is a kick-ass economy and literally no chance in hell of anything getting through. Any suggestions on why I found it so easy to survive and later to virtually eradicate the corruption? Thanks!

IMG_2156ee5c8dfbdaa6d93f.jpg

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 100 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

What difficulty are you on? Some people are able to just 'get it' when playing and do well pretty much from the start.

Also, corruption mechanics are being rebalanced for indev 34. It'll be possible to wipe the corruption from a region, but it'll be much harder to push it back, especially once it's down to just a little bit left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users