The first unstable patch for InDev 34 has arrived! This patch introduces a ton of improvements to the save system, lower memory usage, and faster save/load times. In addition it also brings in a ton of balance changes to trash and the corruption mechanics as well as some other nice tidbits. Check out the change log!
NOTE: This patch makes extensive chances to your save data, I highly recommend backing up your profile before playing. When you launch the game, a warning panel will pop up, when it does, click "Open Install Folder" and then make a backup copy of the /profiles/ folder!
InDev 34 Unstable 1 Change Log
Save System Optimizations
- The entire save system for object/building data has been completely rewritten, significantly reducing memory usage and save data size.
- Numerous changes and improvements to tons of modules have been done to drastically decrease save file size, save time, load time, and memory usage. (Note: The first time you load an old save it may take some additional time as it converts the data to the new format. I also strongly recommend loading and then saving and exiting at least once on every region just to decrease overall load time and memory usage on the world map.)
- Less monsters now spawn overall, but their levels increase more rapidly.
- Monster level increases extremely fast when the corruption is highly threatened. (Warning: If you pinned the corruption in your save, the difficulty may be unexpectedly much higher suddenly.)
- The corruption can now be completely destroyed, but it's extremely hard and time consuming.
- Doubled resource decay times for most resources, and tripled others.
- It now takes less trashy trash to make a trashy cube.
- Reduced farm range to 24.
- A fourth dark purple work selection color has been added to signal when a work selection has been threatened.
- When pushing back the corruption, it becomes more resistant and slower to push back the more pinned it is.
- Building perks are now retroactive.
- Wolfmere is no longer connected to Deepnesse
- Added a new "Make/Maintain until storage is full" option for all resources.
- Harvesting tasks are now set to maintain to storage limits by default, rather than infinite. Although the infinite option still exists if you want to use it.
- Made loot boxes more encouraged to teleport closer to the village.
- Added a "backup your saves" warning to old profiles loading InDev 34 for the first time.
- Send villagers goal now counts correctly.
- Year calculations fixed (Yes, again)
- Fixed a string key call in the trash AI task list.
- Fixed a bug where a monsters "breakaway chance" would fire too rapidly in the day time, possibly causing some lag at dawn.