This patch also introduces a mess of bug fixes, balance changes to trash, and the first half of a new "threat awareness" system that will greatly cut down on workers doing things in unsafe areas of the map.
As per usual, check out the change log!
If you're interested in following development much more closely, don't forget to follow me on Twitter or join the awesome community on Discord!
InDev 33c Change Log
Passive Tip System
- Most tips now pop up and hover around what triggered them, waiting for the player to click on them.
- New tip sound has been added.
- New tips have been added related to over harvesting, resource decay and walls being attacked.
- All trash is worth 50% less "trash points", meaning it will be burned/destroyed faster.
- Trashy cubes are still worth the same trash points, but with trashy trash worth half as much, that means it takes 2x more trashy trash to make a single cube. Buffing cubes indirectly because now you can condense more trash into one cube.
- Burners are roughly 20% faster, but since trash is also worth 50% less trash will also be destroyed 60% faster (50% less points, 20% faster rate). eg; it consumes "trash points" 20% faster, and trash is worth 50% less points.
- Trashy Loot Boxes spawn rates reduced 66%.
- The custom resource bar can now list up to 32 items.
- Greatly reduced the memory footprint of the new save system.
- Migration Way Station can no longer store trash.
- New threat map system implemented, that will help prevent workers from getting near towers and monsters to collect resources or build and repair roads. In a future patch, it will be utilized for many other work tasks as well.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing water bottle refining from progressing in the goals system.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some fight or flight mechanics to miscalculate.
- Fixed a bug that could cause paths to not generate on commonly walked tiles.
- Fixed processing trash goal.
- The game will no longer crash if you try to move the world map with WASD controls or edge scrolling when a game mode has not yet been selected.
- Game no longer crashes when a monster tries to spawn and no corruption exists.
- Implemented a possible fix for a very rare crash if the dedicated threads are in the middle of work when the player exits the region.
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash if couriers or migrants tried to leave a map and couldn't find an exit.
- Fixed an issue where empty profile folders from previously deleted cloud save data would be listed as "Corrupted".