Early reports from some "In-house" testers on discord are claiming great frame rate improvements! Let me know down in the comments how much better (or worse?) the game is running for you compared to InDev 32b.
InDev 32e *HOT FIX* Change Log
- Fixed an issue with the new dedicated particle thread that could cause it to hang with game speed was increased past 1x, causing performance to tank rapidly.
- Fixed a minor text key issue for the "Kill Monsters" goal.
- Fixed a crash when trying to upgrade roads before the tile set data for the next upgraded road type was loaded into the game.
- Particles can now be more than just 1x1 pixels/dots, they can be all shapes and sizes, and even animations. As a result, almost all the particle effects in game have been updated/improved.
- Particle data is no longer saved with your save data, previously, some "long lasting" particles like blood splatters were saved.
- All particle and emitter logic has been shuffled off to a new dedicated thread, users with at least 4 CPU threads (Dual Cores with Hyperthreading, Quad Cores or better) should see a very nice performance boost as a result.
- An eclipse and a blood moon can no longer happen on the same day.
- Workshop Uploader tool now allows you to select predefined tags.
- Fire Elementals now take much more damage when it's raining, or when thrown in water.
- Fire Elementals no longer take water damage when being grabbed and hovering over water.
- Initial batch of migrant and courier spawns when starting a new region are now arrive nearly 3 times faster than before.
- The Barracks, Outposts and Equipment Storage can now all store wood swords and wood shields.
- Mobs no longer "Scream" when they die of natural causes.
- Hide Topography button re-enabled.
- Hide Topography now shows a "ghost image" of the topography rather than hiding it completely.
- The hide topography shortcut now works in play mode.
- Added building and tile counts to the right panel.
- You can now use the farm and road tools as soon as you place the building for construction.
- Static tower damage is now correct in the GUI.
- Implemented a short term fix to prevent translation mods from corrupting save data if there's a comma in a goal description.
- Red Crystals generate particles again.
- Missile, Combobulator and several other particles are no longer generated when not in view of the camera.
- Fixed a theoretical crash related to lighting striking outside the map.
- Road type upgrade text when using the road upgrade tools are now properly translated when a language pack is loaded.
- The perk "Dundar's Determination" now displays correctly in game.
- Fixed a bug where migrants could crash the game trying to leave the village if there's no available space tiles on the map to leave.
- Fixed a minor statistics bug for courier resources delivered per day.
- Tweaked the text color coding system slightly so it does not crash when incomplete color codes are inputted at the end of a string. (This only applies to localization mods with incorrectly formatted strings)
- When the migration panel is manually active, selecting a Courier Station now properly overrides it with the Courier panel.
- Game will no longer crash when you try to change game states while the debug menu (F3) is enabled.
- The farm and road work tools no longer gray out when your only building is being upgraded.