#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,908 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

After careful thought, I have decided to re-prioritize a bit. InDev 32 is no longer the "Improvements Update", it is now the "Localization Modding" update. The patch will still include many improvements from the original roadmap, but some of them are being pushed to InDev 33, and my original plans for InDev 33 (the hygiene update) are now being pushed to 34.

I am really excited about this one! I am introducing workshop support for localization modding and time permitting, map sharing! You will be able to create your own localization mods into any language you wish, and upload them to the Steam workshop for your fellow native speakers to download.

Currently, InDev 32 Unstable 1 is already released, and includes a few of the items in the road map below already. InDev 32 Unstable 2 is introducing alpha testing of the new localization mod support, hopefully coming out in about a week or two.

Sadly, the biggest loss to the revision is pushing the much-requested road upgrade tools to InDev 33, but they're still planned! You'll still get them in roughly the same timeline as before, it'll just be officially in the next patch. Basically, nothing is being delayed, I am just restructuring my plans so I can push a stable release to you sooner, then work on what is effectively "InDev 32 part 2" as InDev 33 shortly after.

Just like the original road map, I encourage you to post your nitpicky tweaks/gripes/suggestions below! InDev 32 (and now 33) are both squarely focused on general improvements and polish. So now is the time to complain about all those "little things" that bug you! :)

InDev 32 Road Map

Localization Mod Support
  • The entire game will be completely modifiable to be localized for any language, including Chinese, Japanese, Korea, Russian, and other difficult to localize languages.
  • Font will also be customizable, so you can pick the font that works best for your language.
  • Full True Type Font and Unicode support will be added. The modder can customize the font settings in their mods configuration file, to fine tune it for their needs.
  • Workshop support will be added for players to create, upload and update/support their own custom language files.
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Time permitting, map sharing will also be added to the workshop, so players can share their custom maps.
  • All terrain, roads and walls will get more transition tiles, fixing a ton of minor visual issues, like 1x? length water tiles just being a series of dots, or large areas of roads having a weird "grid pattern".
  • The foundation of the code required to add bridges, as well as build future walls and some buildings on the water.
  • Completely redesigned rendering engine for the map and shadows, reducing GPU load.
  • New shadow system that has a 2-depth system, allowing for more refined and detailed shadows.
  • Tons of minor GUI improvements.

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users