Can we help with mod support?
No replies to this topic - Started By intenscia, Dec 13 2018 06:19 PM

#1 intenscia

intenscia
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Hi Raymond and community. I saw your tweets about building in workshop-like support to share mods and was about to send an email before I figured it would be nicer to participate in your home-turf and join the discussion here.

I'm Scott from the modding community ModDB.com, we've been building mod.io a modding API (like workshop) for the past few years. Like you we believe in:

• Open DRM-free solutions, so all your players can access mods via mod.io no matter where they come from
  • Give developers control and flexibility to run their modding community how they want, with powerful moderation options, searching, filtering built in
  • Because our solution is API based (see docs), you can embed our web app into your homepage, so you can display mods in-game and out of game for your players, and make it feel like a beautifully integrated solution (we work quietly behind the scenes)

I realize you use a custom engine, we are happy to adapt our solution to work (which we've done for games like Aground, 0 A.D. and others), unless you'd prefer DIY. I've setup a basic demo for you here with faked data, so you can get a feel for the options mod.io provides. Looking forward to chatting more!

Founder of ModDB, IndieDB and mod.io.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modio, workshop, mods, maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users