[In Dev31e] Grab Bug
4 replies to this topic - Started By LordOnionRing, Dec 10 2018 03:28 AM

#1 LordOnionRing

LordOnionRing
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:28 AM

Hello, I found a bug that might destroy my village. 

During the attack I grab one spectres, when I try to drop it in the Culling gate I can't. The hint box said "nothing to grab" like when you trying to grab empty ground but that spectres is still in my hand and I can't drop it down. I tried everything like aoe magic and banish but nothing work. Now the problem is every time I click it's show the stat of spectres, I cannot select my building and villages at all.

I have the screenshot with me but I don't know how to post it.

Thank you.

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 52 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

You can get it out of your god hand by selecting the region and holding shift, clicking the 'reset ai' button that appears, but apparently that sometimes results in what amounts to an invincible, unselectable monster that keeps attacking things. You can either roll back to a save before it got stuck, or kick the save to sandbox mode and make a small void prison for it, with a bit of land for it to stand on in the center so it doesn't just walk out, just in case.

#3 LordOnionRing

LordOnionRing
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

Good and bad news, I tried reset AI and it work but it turned that spectres immortal that singlehanded crush my entire fortress. And I'm really late to spotted it so all the rolled back save was already have that spectres. So I have to reset my whole world now?

#4 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 52 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:07 AM

As I said, you can try kicking the save to sandbox mode to make a box of void for it. Means going into game install location, into the profile, switching that region to sandbox by renaming a folder, making that box, then switching it back. Otherwise, yes, you're kinda screwed :(

#5 Calveeno

Calveeno
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Greetings!

In reference to the previous comment by Tiberiumkyle, how would one "kick the save to sandbox mode to make a box void for it."?

I'm in a similar situation with an invincible monster floating above my base, constantly attacking my Keep.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users