Deer mob + full animations 128 slides
5 replies to this topic - Started By FlakMac, Jul 15 2018 06:45 AM

#1 FlakMac

FlakMac
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

I recently started playing the game and have had lots of fun trying out all of the difficulties, RtR reminds me so much of some of my favourite old strategy games. something i have noticed in all of my games is that the wilderness seems very barren. Whilst the emptiness could make sense considering the corruption thing, i think some animals would have survived, so i made a deer mob.

I've animated 6 of it's actions, these are all 8 slide 16x16 and account for a total of 128 slides, to complete this i would also need to do north and south animations, but some of these dont need them such as decaying and dying.

1rBZ2g7.gif running.gif

fbi7o70.gif walking.gif

sXb39Qo.gif  grazing.gif

uOvKzBX.gif idle.gif

QpAuy9u.gif dying.gif

ibCU81g.gif decomposing.gif

What do you guys think of this? Would a deer be too out of place and do you think a hunting feature would be fun, i just like the idea of populating the wilderness.

#2 FlakMac

FlakMac
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Forgot to mention the female variant would just have no horns, idk about a fawn yet.

#3 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

I've always thought the game looked a little empty outside of the village, too. The Corruption helps, but it would be nice to see some wildlife and/or more neutral, tamable creatures. Nice, sprites, OP. The grazing animation kind of merges the deer's head with its forelegs, but it's better than anything I could make. 

#4 Shaders...Ellipses

Shaders...Ellipses
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:shade...
  • LocationTexas (same as Dev)

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

actually, this is something that's coming a couple updates from now

might be quite useful to ray... ill show this to him sometime as i really like it actually

76561198062323960.png

#5 FlakMac

FlakMac
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, i just did this for fun and to show a concept. But it would be interesting to see what Ray has to say about it.

#6 Shaders...Ellipses

Shaders...Ellipses
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:shade...
  • LocationTexas (same as Dev)

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

yeah i linked him the page in suggestions on the discord server... hopefully he visits here and checks it out 

76561198062323960.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deer, mob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users