I've decided to do some GUI overhauls after InDev 31 Stable has been released, and I'd love to get some feedback from you on what you would improve!
Rise to Ruins has a ton of mechanics. It's somewhat the bane of this genre's existence that we all seem to have cluttered and over complicated GUIs, but I've always strived to make it as streamlined as possible, and I think it's about due for some improvements.
Here are some tentative plans coming down the pipeline after InDev 31 is released;
- The resources bar on the top of the GUI will be compressed down to only one row, and only display harvestable and low level refined materials by default. (Wood, rock, crystal, boards, stone and crylithium), but will have a "Customize" button that can be clicked to add/remove any resource you want.
- New, larger, tooltips will be added all over the GUI, allowing you to highlight over some of the more confusing areas and get a description of what the GUI is trying to explain to you. For example, if you moved your mouse over the "Maintain" text in the production panel, it will say something like "This is the total amount of resources you want to always keep on hand in the village, keep in mind this also counts resources that are currently equipped by your workers."
- The harvesting button on the bottom left will be compressed down into a single button you can click on, opening a context menu to select specific resource types, but will remember the last selection so you can single click to reselect a previous selection.
- The "Harvest Food" and "Harvest Water" will be broken up into two buttons.
- a "Harvest All" button will be added.
- The entire road system's GUI will be rewritten. More on that later!
So, give me that feedback!