• Please log in to reply
[InDev 30 Unstable 5 \ Windows 7] - can't collect essence with mouse pointer/middle mouse button doesn't work
2 replies to this topic - Started By YashaOhtori, Apr 22 2018 12:53 AM

#1 YashaOhtori

YashaOhtori
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

Hey, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I'm having two problems with the game. They started after InDev 30 (I believe). First, I can't collect essence with my mouse pointer, so basically I can't ever cast spells. If this was a change in gameplay I'm just not getting, I apologize, but I didn't see it mentioned in the changelogs. Second problem is definitely a bug-- the middle button on my mouse does not work to cancel actions. I haven't found a way to remap keys and it will work to zoom, but I can't cancel out of anything with it.

System Info:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Java version 8 Update 121

Processor: Intel i7-3770K 3.50GHz

16GB RAM

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

These issues do not cause a crash but together they make the game an exercise in frustration. I believe they started with InDev 30; I was playing InDev 29e with no problems. The issues are present after deleting and remaking profile, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game. They are also present when going back to the stable builds.

Is there any other troubleshooting anyone can suggest? Has anyone else experienced these problems?

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,915 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

Are you sure your influence bar isn't full? Keep in mind, your maximum influence is now tied to your total population. There's now a little "notch" on your bar that moves left or right based on your population that controls your maximum influence. It starts out fairly low (about a 10th of the bar).

As for middle clicking, I can't seem to reproduce this, can you load up 29f and check it? You'll have to opt into the "Previous Stable" branch to get it, now that InDev 30 was just released.

If it's not working in 29f, is there any chance your middle mouse button is broken?

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 YashaOhtori

YashaOhtori
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Re: the influence bar, you got me, I had no idea about that change! Sorry to make you waste your brainpower, it makes sense now and works after testing!

Middle mouse button does not work even after rolling back to 29b (it was what was on steam), but I know it's not a broken button on the mouse itself because I can use it to set auto-scrolling outside of the game and, as I said, the zoom still works both ingame and and when scrolling outside of game. Maybe something is wonky with my computer's key mapping? But I can't think of why that would affect just the one program, I've seen no changes in functionality in other games or programs that use it. It would make sense if I'd been modding things but I haven't been tinkering in the game files. Anything else you can suggest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users