A lot of the overall goals of this patch is to lower the mob count on the map, while not changing the pacing or balance of the game. But, as always, there will be fresh, new mechanics as well!
If you have any requests, be sure to post them in the comments. Let me know what you want, and how you want it to work! You might just find it sneak into the next patch.
InDev 30 Road Map
- Villagers will be able to carry more than one resource at a time, massively cutting down on transit time to build or deliver resources. This should compensate for the villager rebalancing mentioned below and help keep the same game pacing with less villagers working.
- The amount they can carry will be based on their strength stats. The stronger they are, the more they can carry.
- Villagers will now age and die. But through providing them a healthy, happy life you can help them live longer.
- Villagers will eventually "retire" and no longer be able to take a job, but when they chat with villagers they will impart their wisdom on them, giving them experience bonuses so they level up faster.
- Having good housing, keeping people well fed, happy and having clinics as well as many other factors will assist in extending villager's age.
- A slight chance the mother, or mother and child will die during child birth will be added. The chance this will happen will be based on the mother's age and health.
- Monster spawning will be completely redesigned, favoring "hot zones" where monsters build large amount of spawns far away from the village, rather than randomly placing spawns all over the map.
- Much less monsters will wander around on the map in the day time, making it safer to venture out or expand.
- When monsters spawn, they will now spawn at night and almost instantly attack the village. Any leftovers when dawn arrives will return to their spawners.
- All village nomad and reproduction rates will be reduced, causing village growth to slow down quite a bit.
- All occupancy, job slots, farm growth, storage limits, etc will all be reduced.
- Because of the above, things like hunger and thirst will either drop slower per villager, or food and water will be worth more.
- All building requirements will be reduced (to compensate for less villagers working).
- Many work tasks will be buffed, for example, repairing will repair more per attempt.
- To balance out the lower mob counts, many of the towers, golems, and other defensive mechanics may need to be rebalanced.