• Please log in to reply
InDev 29e - The Minor Rebalancing Update - Released!
1 reply to this topic - Started By Rayvolution, Feb 02 2018 06:01 PM

#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,874 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

InDev 29e is here, this ones a small patch, mostly in response to your guy's feedback about all the balance changes introduced into the much larger InDev 29c patch.

Be sure to checkout the change log below, and if you have not played the game in the last few days you should give InDev 29c much more extensive change log a look over! Nearly all the changes in 29e are addressing 29c issues, so it's important to read them both. :)

Many of the hot keys have changed recently! Be sure to check the settings page and re-familiarize yourself!

InDev 29e Change Log

Spells Changes
  • Increased labor golem influence cost a bit.
  • You can no longer charm boosted mobs.
  • Holy golems now get stronger as the days pass.
Big Fixes and Optimizations
  • Fixed a targeting issue when a ranged mob is attacked by a tower. Sometimes it would pick an invalid target location.
Monster Changes
  • Mob title bars now say "Boosted" when a mob is boosted.
  • Reduced boosted mob levels and speed from 4x to 3x.
  • There is now a maximum firing speed cap applied to all mobs, but this mostly effects Fire Elementals to prevent them from "machine gun" firing fireballs at ultra-high levels.
  • Rebalanced Fire Elemental stats a bit, they now have less DEX on average.
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Added a few more Patreon's rewards.
  • Nerfed building on fire damage slightly.
  • Villagers now level up roughly 20% faster.
  • Increased range of Crystal golems by 50%
  • Buffed and rebalanced all combobulators, they will now spawn higher level golems when upgraded, but require more resources.
  • Rebalanced essence collector's build requirements a bit.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

Why bother nerfing labor golems? They seem like a waste of influence, even if promptly thrown into a cullis gate right before they die naturally. I haven't played a ton of 29c/e yet, admittedly, but I feel like you might as well save yourself the influence by just moving resources manually via grab.

Thanks for nerfing fire elementals, even if only slightly! The combination of setting everything on fire and range is enough to have me constantly looking over the map, so that I can immediately throw them into water/cullis gates once they spawn.

I'm tempted to say that the population-based influence cap should be balanced around a lower number of villagers, but I should try it out more. I think that the base number of starting villagers should put the cap right at the influence cost of the most expensive spell, to punish losing villagers while not initially limiting the player's options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users