Build InDev 29b / Windows 10 | Toolsmithy workers going idle
4 replies to this topic - Started By Nilson6719, Jan 20 2018 06:56 PM

#1 Nilson6719

Nilson6719
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

1/20/2018 - Running a Traditional Game on the map Newdragon. Built a Toolsmithy, assigned workers to it and had production set to make 20 of everything. I have plenty of iron ores and iron ingots and enough miners, and the pathways are not obstructed in any way. Demolishing and rebuilding the toolsmithy in a different location doesn't solve the issue, and neither did having different workers in the smithy. Specifically, the worker is standing by idle and would eventually wander around as if there are no orders, before returning home to fulfill basic needs. All other production buildings are functioning as normal.

The monsters are out there and the toolsmithy is potentially dooming everyone for their negligence.

CPU: i5-440 CPU @ 3.10 GHz

Ram: 8 GB

Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce GT 630
I do not know which version of Java I have.

Edit: I tried making a new profile and a different map and the issue above still persists.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,909 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

I'd have to see a copy of your save, it seems very strange you'd have this issue with multiple toolsmithies on multiple saves, and you're the first ever to report this. Unless its user error, you might have a very specific play style no one else has that's somehow triggering it. :)

You can upload a copy of your save with the profile uploader in game, just go to the profile select screen, click the arrow button, click "dev request" and then click upload and reply here with your profile name so I can find it. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Off the top of my head I don't remember whether the toolsmithy is one of the buildings that is like "holds up to 16 X, 16 Y, and 16 Z" or if it's one of the ones that's like "holds up to 48 X, Y, or Z".  But if it's the second type: Is it possible that it is filled up with tools, and thus has no space for ingots?

Something similar to that happened to me once, with, I think, the forge - none of my ore was being converted to ingots, because my forge was already full of ingots, and they weren't being taken out.  Then I built a storage building for them, and everything started flowing again.

#4 Nilson6719

Nilson6719
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Sorry this is a late coming in!

My profile name for this issue is is labeled, "Hastey Defense 2" I hope it had been submitted correctly.

#5 Nilson6719

Nilson6719
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

My mistake. The Profile "Rush Defense" is actually the initial issue but "Hastey Defense 2" also has the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users