• Please log in to reply
InDev 29b - The Mega Sized Map Update - Released!
4 replies to this topic - Started By Rayvolution, Jan 15 2018 06:15 PM

#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,874 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

The first patch of 2018 has arrived! This ones classified as a minor patch, because it does not break your save data. But it's a fairly beefy minor patch, possibly one of the largest ever!

This patch almost entirely focuses on adding more maps to the game, changing some old ones, finishing off the current world map and prepping for expansion into brand new biomes in the future!

InDev 29b Change Log

New Maps
  • 11 new maps added; Azusa, Limestone, Nerstrand, Farley, Casas, Wilderock, Greyby, Goldmist, Loracre, Clearland, and Valencia.
  • 7 maps completely remade; Silvercoast, Survival Island, Arid River, Gateway, Greenham, Quiet Forest, and Black Sands.
  • 6 maps have had minor changes; Enchanted Shoreline, Springland, Strongvale, Northoak, Wheatcastle, and Merrowshore.
  • Entire world map art updated to line up with all the new maps and map changes.
  • Most of the old maps that were completely remade have been moved to the "Official Maps" map pack in skirmish mode.
Big Fixes
  • Fixed an extremely rare crash if you try to reclaim a building and you have no camp, but have enough free building slots.
  • Fixed a few illegal characters in the villager name system that could cause the game to crash.
  • Fixed a bug with the mating system that was preventing villagers from mating.
  • Implemented possible fix to AI redistribution crash.
  • Fixed a guard patrol bug that would sometimes crash the game if the guard could not find a valid coordinate to patrol in.
  • Fixed some particle position errors in the GUI when rendering golems.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash if you cast dissolve outside the map bounds.
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Changed the bullet and spray tower descriptions.
  • Doubled the map movement distance off the edge of the map.
  • The mouse position and selection brush are now displayed on the minimap.
  • Equipment storage can no longer store water bottles, but can store shields.
  • Keys now spawn more often in place of loot boxes.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Implemented possible fix to AI redistribution crash.

Unfortunately, I'm getting (what looks to me like) such a crash using 29b:

java.lang.NullPointerException at rtr.mobs.ai.AIRedistributeResources.execute(AIRedistributeResources.java:191)

It's repeatable - I open up the village, a little time passes (I don't know, maybe a second or three), and it crashes.

If you would like any further information, or for me to upload the profiles, please let me know.

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,874 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Unfortunately, I'm getting (what looks to me like) such a crash using 29b:

java.lang.NullPointerException at rtr.mobs.ai.AIRedistributeResources.execute(AIRedistributeResources.java:191)

It's repeatable - I open up the village, a little time passes (I don't know, maybe a second or three), and it crashes.

If you would like any further information, or for me to upload the profiles, please let me know.

Is this an old save from 29? If so, it's probably the same bug festering around and you'll just need to reset the AI.

Before fixing it, a quick profile upload would be nice though, just in case! :)

To fix it just open profiles/settings.properties, add debug=true to the list, then start up the game and navigate to the save and hit the new "Reset AI" button and you should be good to go.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#4 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Yes, it is an old save from 29, but I should have mentioned that I actually did try resetting the AI.  It did not help.

I'll upload it and send you a PM on how to get it.

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,874 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Yes, it is an old save from 29, but I should have mentioned that I actually did try resetting the AI.  It did not help.

I'll upload it and send you a PM on how to get it.

Thanks. Got the PM, I'll look into it. If resetting the AI didn't work, it looks like you may have stumbled onto another bug that just happened to be in the same AI branch. If it was the old bug resetting the AI should completely eliminate the problem, so this is indeed a different bug. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users