5 replies to this topic - Started By Destructor, Dec 26 2017 12:17 PM

#1 Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

I don't know maybe someone already suggested this, but I still would like to suggest these two things related to GUI.

1. There's maintain option on some buildings, you can manipulate it's value using two buttons, + and -. If you will go higher than 500, value will become ∞(infinity). However if I want to make it much lower value like 0, 10, 50, you will need to decrease it by clicking - button many times. I suggest to make like if you click + even after ∞, value will reset to 0, so it won't waste our time.

And if you click - while value is 0, it will become ∞ or just max available value.

2. While navigating in building menu, you can click on category to enter it, but to leave it, you need to press arrow button, which also wastes our time. Solution would be to use right mouse button to leave category.

This two things will make us waste less our time and make GUI more user-friendly.

#2 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

Regarding the buttons:

Left click = +1 or -1

Right click = +10 or -10

Shift-click = 0 or infinity

#3 Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Regarding the buttons:

Left click = +1 or -1

Right click = +10 or -10

Shift-click = 0 or infinity

Oh, I missed it, thanks. But I still think, that going over max, value should go back to min and vice versa.

#4 Greentail

Greentail
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Pip

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

That's a bad idea. Whenever my population exceeds 600 I have to set production of water bottles and food rations to infinity, otherwise my little folks constantly die from hunger and dehydration, 500 is just not enough, especially in winter.

Perhaps shift-click should be +100 or -100. That would be quite nice really.

#5 Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

That's a bad idea. Whenever my population exceeds 600 I have to set production of water bottles and food rations to infinity, otherwise my little folks constantly die from hunger and dehydration, 500 is just not enough, especially in winter.

Perhaps shift-click should be +100 or -100. That would be quite nice really.

500 isn't enough for late game, but +/-10 is perfect at the beginning. I think nice would be if you could hold button and value at start will increase or decrease slowly, but longer you hold the button, faster it increases/decreases.

And maybe you misunderstood me. When I said that value should go back to min if it's going over max and vice versa, I had in mind that value will go back to 0 only if you pressed + after infinity, not after 500.

#6 loadsa

loadsa
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Some other small UI tweaks that would be good -

1. Right-click build menu to go up a level (quicker navigation)
2. Right-click when setting harvest area to unset (quicker than using left shift)

3. Ability to hide resources which are tagged for harvest
4. Move the notification banner up slightly so it's between the god powers and build menus and not blocking the screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users