Weaver and Storage upgrades <3?
2 replies to this topic - Started By BlanKitt, Oct 18 2017 09:20 PM

#1 BlanKitt

BlanKitt
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

I've done both a general search on this site's forums, and a google search and found no posts mentioning this here, but I did find a small mention of it from March on the steam forum to which you responded to.

A way to manage clothing. We have armor, but it would be nice to allow my miners or foresters to snag some snazzy warm gear. Sending them too far for natural resources means death.
-Marisola

Already planned, but it'll come alongside the hunting system in the future, as hunters will be the ones harvesting the materials to make said clothes.

-Rayvolution

I would be heavily interested in doing clothes for the little people so as to reduce the "issues" that the villagers have, but I'm also a strictly Peaceful Sandbox player so while hunting would work, it'd also be kinda cool to have a variant of clothing maybe from sheep's wool, or cotton. Ideally sheep, it'd be pretty cool to be able to have a small ranch to "harvest" animals and such from like in Gnomoria :P I can understand however if you mean a hunter would hunt various animals even on peaceful mode, not just monsters. I also however want some clothes for summertime to cool down in or keep temperature down longer..

By extension, weavers or crafters, whoever the clothes makers would be, could also craft backpacks of sorts, both for humans and doggos. Beyond this stuff.. dunno. Sorry I don't have more for this "job"  :unsure:

That being said, the other thing I'd suggest that maybe most people don't need or care for, would be to be able to upgrade storage places.. We can upgrade every single building aside from these, which as a hoarder in games, makes me have a lot of stone clutter everywhere. :(

Perhaps at the start, graphically, it could be completely empty with a small fenced in area, and then when you first upgrade it you store it in the barrels/crates currently there. With the food one you could have us upgrade with cut stone and make the food last longer, be higher quality, whatever you decided to make it so it can't just be stuffed in generic storage.

I dunno, I guess I'm just asking a single person to hurry up on clothes so I can have a mini fashion show with my peeps. ;P

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,904 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Heh, clothing is still planned. I'm actually not entirely sure how I'll roll it all together though. I like the idea of sheep or sheep-like animals, and the idea of using mob drops. But admittedly, the whole system is a bit up in the air right now.

As for storage upgrades, they're going into InDev 29. I've actually already started to draw them! :)

DL6RIJEVoAAwko8.jpg
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 BlanKitt

BlanKitt
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Heh, clothing is still planned. I'm actually not entirely sure how I'll roll it all together though. I like the idea of sheep or sheep-like animals, and the idea of using mob drops. But admittedly, the whole system is a bit up in the air right now.

As for storage upgrades, they're going into InDev 29. I've actually already started to draw them! :)

Hell to eff yeah! :D

Actually an animal that could be amusing and maybe work in the RtR world could be something like a llama or alpaca. If you did do a llama/alpaca type of animal, you could also offer the option of milking them. What can I say, I like alternative food sources. Mostly I just like milk. A lot. :P

Regardless, awesome work so far with RtR. :) I really enjoy checking in onto the game every few months or so to see the new big changes. I look forward to the next update, and to seeing how you implement some form of clothing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users